Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check here when I see the thread updated, but in case I can't, want to make sure I get the email. This guy needs to be ordered with the quickness!

The Balrog ES is 1500 and I think this guy will be close to that so I don't think you will need to rush unless it is only $400 or something like that.:lol

The Balrog ES is 1500 and I think this guy will be close to that so I don't think you will need to rush unless it is only $400 or something like that.:lol

While I know demand for Balrog is high, this is Smaug and Smaug >>>>>>>> Balrog. There has never been a real Smaug statue before. I would still expect an ES of 1500 to go relatively quickly.

Yeah forget the movies, Smaug is such an important and classic character. The Balrog is just a monster, but Smaug is crucial to ME lore. And as Hobbit is a children's book, people grew up with Smaug and have loved him since childhood, versus the Balrog which older collector's with all the money weren't aware of until they likely read the books in high school.

Yeah forget the movies, Smaug is such an important and classic character. The Balrog is just a monster, but Smaug is crucial to ME lore. And as Hobbit is a children's book, people grew up with Smaug and have loved him since childhood, versus the Balrog which older collector's with all the money weren't aware of until they likely read the books in high school.

Good point. I did watch the '78 animated Rankin-Bass a lot as a kid, I could never really make out what the Balrog was. The latest incarnation is definitely the best.

Smaug comes first for me. Plus if the Balrog is 1500 ES and 7 bills it will not sell out. I still want it but Smaug is priority #1

Smaug is important but the Balrog isn't just a monster. They've got a bit of an important part of the lore of Middle-earth as well. I would say Balrogs are as known by fans as much as Smaug.

There's nothing like ME baddies. If Smaug comes out at 1500, says a lot for a movie that many complained about. But then again it IS Smaug.

I think it just looks like many complained. Folks like that are always the loudest. As far as the ES goes I expect him to be in the 1000-1500 now that we've seen the ES on the Balrog and I still think this will be in the $700 zip code. Either way they're both being added to my collection. I've got $371 Weta Dollars to use and that takes a nice chunk out of one of these.

I think it just looks like many complained. Folks like that are always the loudest. As far as the ES goes I expect him to be in the 1000-1500 now that we've seen the ES on the Balrog and I still think this will be in the $700 zip code. Either way they're both being added to my collection. I've got $371 Weta Dollars to use and that takes a nice chunk out of one of these.
The Balrog ES has been set?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'll take all the ME I can get so I definitely want both. These two will really fill out my collection, with two major pieces in a very short period of time. And very unexpectedly to boot. With the points I rack up I'll use for the next environment.
I LOVE WETA.

I'll take all the ME I can get so I definitely want both. These two will really fill out my collection, with two major pieces in a very short period of time. And very unexpectedly to boot. With the points I rack up I'll use for the next environment.
I LOVE WETA.

I hear ya. As you can tell from pictures of my collection I love Middle-earth. :lol :rock They're going to help make a lot of collections that much better. I know I am super excited to add them to mine. Seeing them at Comic-Con was a treat but waiting to see them in person again kind of stinks. There should be some healthy points coming from this to build towards the next thing. You and me both.

Any news on the price? And does WETA do exclusives or anything like that?

Not yet but as soon as I know I'll pass it on if someone doesn't beat me to it. No they don't. Not like Weta does if they do something like that.

I hear ya. As you can tell from pictures of my collection I love Middle-earth. :lol :rock They're going to help make a lot of collections that much better. I know I am super excited to add them to mine. Seeing them at Comic-Con was a treat but waiting to see them in person again kind of stinks. There should be some healthy points coming from this to build towards the next thing. You and me both.

Not yet but as soon as I know I'll pass it on if someone doesn't beat me to it. No they don't. Not like Weta does if they do something like that.
Cool thanks man

Back