Statue Weta Workshop Mini-Smaug Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Mini Smaug.

Looks good. This could have been part of the collectors edition blu-ray gift set.

I wonder if they are putting this up for preorder as well on the 11th or just the big Smaug

That's an open edition piece that should come out in Q4 2014, that is...about now. My feeling is they will release it when it's ready to ship.

Of course I could be totally wrong :huh

I wish they made the smaug without the gold.. those gold looks weird to me.

That's an open edition piece that should come out in Q4 2014, that is...about now. My feeling is they will release it when it's ready to ship.

Of course I could be totally wrong :huh

I expect this will ship when ready as well. The question becomes when because we are ready. lol

Waiting on edge for this also. The next film being a month (or so) away isn't helping the excitement.

^^ Nice pictures. Thought this might have been out by now, hopefully it won't be too much more of a wait. My Middle Earth villains shelf needs a Smaug!

Now that the big Smaug has gone up for pre-order, the wait begins for this guy. Wonder if they'll wait till the dust settles from the big guy before offering the alternative.

This is a nice piece and I still think it will be at least $125-$150 IMHO

Up for preorder at Weta...$125 which IMHO is an excellent price....However 20% deposit is required...gotta feeling its gonna be with all the future preorders and gotta feeling it was due to those cancellations on 15% sale day...

Up for preorder at Weta...$125 which IMHO is an excellent price....However 20% deposit is required...gotta feeling its gonna be with all the future preorders and gotta feeling it was due to those cancellations on 15% sale day...

Thanks for the heads up. This is about what I figured it would be so I'm glad it is in that range. I expect NRD to be the future as well.

What would really tick me off if that whole precautions bank hold is for the whole thing like before. Take the 20% but not the whole thing

Ordered.
Used my Weta dollars ;)
It's cheap,even when I have to drive to the retailer down town and park the car it cost more money.

This will look so good.
In my big display on the left the hobbit dragon Smaug,in the middle Balrog mini bust GG,and on the rightside we have the LOTR Weta wichking fellbeast statue.

Seems odd to take a deposit on something that inexpensive (especially where this hobby is concerned) but I guess it's a way to gauge sales. Open edition so I would assume they don't want to have to much overstock. Nice looking and not a bad alternative to the $700 giant.

It'd be ironic there were less of these produced. :lol

There could be another reason for an NRD. Some Xmas discount for Smauglet and they dont want to perform 500 reorders :lecture

Back