Prop WETA: The One Ring - Gold Plated Tungsten Carbide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update Saruman! The one with the inscription is growing on me, but I'd love a plain one for my collection. Awesome to know it will be available! :)

That does look good. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to it showing up. I've never owned a real nice copy of what was in the movie and when Tim showed us this at comic-con I had to get it. I do want the silver chain to finish the look but that will have to wait.

Thanks for sharing my friend :duff

No worries Josh. I'm glad you're gonna have soon this awesome piece! :clap Yeah, when I got the Noble one, I was happy, but when Weta put this JH One Ring up for order, I knew I had to get it. You won't be disappointed. Yes, I'm also gonna get the silver chain but later. Hopefully it won't sell out before I'm ready to get it. I would love to have the Elven leaf brooch too, but it's so expensive. It costs like one statue already. :slap

JH e-mailed me last week saying they will sell a gold plated tungsten carbide ring (same as Weta but no inscription) but it hasn't been updated on their website yet.

The cost is $150NZ (approx $122US / £77GBP).

Wow, that's great news! :yess:Thanks for the update Saruman. Will Weta put it up on their site, or you can only buy directly from JH site? We'll see I guess.

No worries Josh. I'm glad you're gonna have soon this awesome piece! :clap Yeah, when I got the Noble one, I was happy, but when Weta put this JH One Ring up for order, I knew I had to get it. You won't be disappointed. Yes, I'm also gonna get the silver chain but later. Hopefully it won't sell out before I'm ready to get it. I would love to have the Elven leaf brooch too, but it's so expensive. It costs like one statue already. :slap

Thanks! Yeah, I'm glad to finally have such a high quality item. Indeed. Hopefully it hangs on for a few months. That broach is sweet but down the list right now with other items coming in.

Got my ring today and the whole set up is really awesome! Totally worth the money to get this awesome replica.

Great news Josh! You're gonna love it. Some pics! :stick

Btw, this is my 100th post! :clap
Here's to 1000 more posts :duff (But I say no one can match your post counter, Josh)! :hi5:

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Might try to get a pic this weekend.

Congrats on 100 posts. In 9 years you just might have as many as I do. :rock

i need a smaller size. i'm a size J & K, the smallest Weta are doing is N or O.

I just picked a size since I'm not gonna wear it.

Only one I'm missing now is the regular owned by 8 Nazgul version
IMG_1531.jpg

Got this today: Jens Hansen's The One Ring - Gold-plated Tungsten Carbide without inscription to pair up with the One Ring with inscription I already got months ago. I'm really delighted that they decided to release one without the inscription! :yess:

8079222968_106672959f_b.jpg

8079222408_a548804347_b.jpg

8079221108_8fb74e0c20_b.jpg

Together with One Ring with inscription. The sterling silver chain was a nice addition too!

8079215870_6a6e2b7338_b.jpg

8079224069_cdc3928ed9_b.jpg

In terms of The One Ring replica, I'm already content with what I got. :wink1:
8079217780_fb490c28f8_b.jpg

Oh man! I got to get me these...they look great. :rock

Someday soon I hope. :pray:

Thanks for the pics. :clap

What size rings did you get?

And was that size big enough for the rings to fit your finger?

:duff
Bill

Oh man! I got to get me these...they look great. :rock

Someday soon I hope. :pray:

Thanks for the pics. :clap

What size rings did you get?

And was that size big enough for the rings to fit your finger?

:duff
Bill

They do look great bill59. You'll have them too for sure! :wink1: I chose size 11 for both. It perfectly fits my right index finger. (see my post #16 page 2 of this thread). Though I won't wear them really. It's just for display. :lol

What makes me hesitate about buying the ring is the comment on the order page about the ring could loose his shiny gold after two years! If i just display it without wearing it, is the gold will fade away either in time?

What makes me hesitate about buying the ring is the comment on the order page about the ring could loose his shiny gold after two years! If i just display it without wearing it, is the gold will fade away either in time?

My answer to that is no if the plating was done correctly, I bought similar ring 4 yrs ago for display and it's still the same as when I bought it. If one should wear it/play with it all the time then all bets are off

Back