Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Gandalf The Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Here's a comparison of the real Gandalf and the statue:
396319_4844945448174_1600100161_n.jpg

Last edited:
I know I've mentioned this before but I'm curious why Weta puts more time/detailing into beards/hair than Sideshow does. Even the original SSW Gandalf has more detailing in the beard than the new maquette.

dsc1440d.jpg

643875_4844513837384_1256722000_n.jpg

attachment.php

agreed. Fritz is right, the Gandalf PF beard is just one shade of grey but it's such a fantastic PF, i think that's the only bad thing.

I think the PF (and maquette) look great and I don't hate the way they do beards, I'm just curious why they decided to go that route, that's all.

None of those pieces have a bad likeness. Saying any of those three have a bad likeness is silly talk.

Last edited:
None of those pieces have a bad likeness. Give me a creaking break.

No i didn't mean that - i meant the best photo out of all the other ones i've seen of GTG. I know they all have a great likeness!

Except Boromir ;) (braces himself)

*edit* A creaking break? Is that American swearing?

Thanks for all the great pictures, everyone. I'm VERY tempted by this guy. I just think he turned out beautifully. If it wasn't so close to the holidays I'd have already ordered him. But I might have to wait until early next year. Do you think he'll stick around a while? I haven't ordered from Weta (just got the Hobbit scarf, the first thing I've gotten from them) so I wasn't sure how long things like this tend to linger.

Thanks for all the great pictures, everyone. I'm VERY tempted by this guy. I just think he turned out beautifully. If it wasn't so close to the holidays I'd have already ordered him. But I might have to wait until early next year. Do you think he'll stick around a while? I haven't ordered from Weta (just got the Hobbit scarf, the first thing I've gotten from them) so I wasn't sure how long things like this tend to linger.

I would've thought they'd keep him available for the whole duration of the trilogy, so probably a good year and a half yet :)

WETA The Hobbit Gandaf the Grey statue

Sorry if there's already a thread for this (which there probably is!) but I couldn't see it. So please move/delete if nessasary.

I was looking to buy my first WETA statue and I wanted to know what others thought about this piece?

https://

Back