Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Gandalf The Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. Its worth it. Its a great rendition of the character and something that I think fans should get. Plenty of pics and such within this thread if you want to check it out.

Re: WETA The Hobbit Gandaf the Grey statue

Sorry if there's already a thread for this (which there probably is!) but I couldn't see it. So please move/delete if nessasary.

I was looking to buy my first WETA statue and I wanted to know what others thought about this piece?

https://

Hmm This one ilooks really nice and will be nice addition to my Gandalf the Grey Polystone from Sideshow..

Hi - so I just got this one. It is a great statue. I really love the sculpt of the face. My problem with it is that aside from the great sculpt on the face the rest of the statue is very plain. The reason it is so plain is because it is pretty much all robes and cloak an nothing else. For the price I would have liked more, like the less of this body covered by the cloak. It is just such a plain and grey statue. That being said, I still really like it! I put it next to my SS ring wraith and Gandalf is quiet a bit smaller. Not the same scale at all, though I don't think it was meant to be. The hat is a nice option!

Well, his outfit is all grey so that part isn't going to be dynamic to be honest. The statue itself is pretty fantastic and does a great job of capturing Gandalf I think. There is more detail there than you think. As far as size it's really the base that make the difference between the two lines.

Hi - so I just got this one. It is a great statue. I really love the sculpt of the face. My problem with it is that aside from the great sculpt on the face the rest of the statue is very plain. The reason it is so plain is because it is pretty much all robes and cloak an nothing else. For the price I would have liked more, like the less of this body covered by the cloak. It is just such a plain and grey statue. That being said, I still really like it! I put it next to my SS ring wraith and Gandalf is quiet a bit smaller. Not the same scale at all, though I don't think it was meant to be. The hat is a nice option!
Gandalf is supposed to be smaller. He's 6ft whereas the Ringwraith is 7ft. At 1:6 scale, that's a difference in height of 2 inches.

Yeah i hate it that's he's not depicted in his full battle armour and super-hero pants.

And why IS the statue of Gandalf the Grey so.... grey! He should at LEAST have purple and orange flowing robes and pink highlights in his hair :lecture

Yeah i hate it that's he's not depicted in his full battle armour and super-hero pants.

And why IS the statue of Gandalf the Grey so.... grey! He should at LEAST have purple and orange flowing robes and pink highlights in his hair :lecture

Exactly!! I though I had ordered Gandalf the pimp! I will get him reprinted.

Weta's The Hobbit Gandalf Figure Height???

Hello!
I recently bought: https://www.wetanz.com/gandalf-the-grey/
And it will arrive to me in Japan tomorrow or Saturday.

I need to put up a shelf for him, but I have limited space, so I wanted to know if his 34 CM height included his hat or not? Thank you very much!

Re: Weta's The Hobbit Gandalf Figure Height???

Hello!
I recently bought: https://www.wetanz.com/gandalf-the-grey/
And it will arrive to me in Japan tomorrow or Saturday.

I need to put up a shelf for him, but I have limited space, so I wanted to know if his 34 CM height included his hat or not? Thank you very much!

Congrats!! Its a super great piece. :hi5:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here who has the new Weta Hobbit Gandalf statue also has the white Gandalf on Shadowfax and could post a side-by-side pic?

I'm considering getting this new Gandalf and would love to see a pic or two!

Here you go laddie. Sorry, not the best pictures though.

8889704125_8326297545_h.jpg

8890334392_78a3b376b9_h.jpg

I really like the Gandalf on Shadowfax statue. It captures that movie scene quite well.

8890347536_6c0b1ce587_h.jpg

8890341300_fe64949e3e_h.jpg

Ahhh, very awesome! Thank you so much. They look great together, and look like they're perfectly in scale.

I purchased a Gandalf on Shadowfax (waiting for him to be shipped) and am considering getting that Gandalf the Grey.

Just found my 1/6 scale model kit of Saruman...got him for a steal at 35 bucks a while ago...Will sand,glue parts together and paint him hopefully in July...staff hasnt been glued yet that's why it looks crooked

Last edited:
And a side-by-side pic with the old Gandalf:

He seems to have shrunk in size over the years. LotR Gandalf is about an inch shorter than Hobbit Gandalf:

Proof the Hobbit is true 1/6 and Older SSW LOTR was 1/6.5 to 1/7 scale. The SSW Gandalf is even pointing at you guys say "don't call me shorty"

Last edited:
Back