Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Dwalin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, the finished product is definitely (and vastly) inferior to what's advertised on the website, in terms of paint application in any case. I'll still buy it though.

I gotta say, the finished product is definitely (and vastly) inferior to what's advertised on the website, in terms of paint application in any case. I'll still buy it though.

Could just be the sunlight washing out some of the detail as it was reveed in the Balin thread.

...I kind of feel this is a bit of a slap at my photos (you may not mean it that way). There is nothing quick about my photo taking process from the actual taking to editing.

Your photo's have been crap ever since you've stop using the doily! :lecture ;) :D

Your photo's have been crap ever since you've stop using the doily! :lecture ;) :D

That's it! :lol Take the doily away and all of a sudden the crowd turns on ya. Man, I take what I think are some fairly solid photos and from a couple of people you'd think I took some really crappy photos.

Last edited:

Good, i'm glad you're still getting them, as when you see them in hand you'll be blown away and see that statues in-hand, as ALWAYS, look far superior to any photos you could see.

:lecture

It's the doily what done it!

r70v86.jpg

kdk2ur.jpg

2agnby8.jpg

ra0zeg.jpg

33bg16p.jpg

ne84xz.jpg

98u4wm.jpg

xe1yrb.jpg

33c9dsj.jpg

300w312.jpg

Gangrel, have more info on your cases? They dont look like the standard Ikea stuff but I could be wrong there.

Gangrel, have more info on your cases? They dont look like the standard Ikea stuff but I could be wrong there.

The furniture is custom made by a carpenter.

The crystals are tempered shelves of a 1 centimeter thick to not suffer from the weight of the figures, and the doors are rolled 4 +4. This is what I've ridden since I work the guild of glassware.

The bottom of the cabinets are lined with foam board and fabric, as in the exhibitions of some jewelers, so they stand out more figures with contrast fabric and glass.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you have been helpful my explanation.

Just got home from work to this guy sitting in the main room. Probably my favourite of the three so far, his tattoos are amazing and the paint rocks.

Did Weta say when the next lot would be available, or who we'd be getting?

I agree he's pretty sweet. Overall my favorite design of all the Dwarves. He just look like someone you'd probably better not mess with.

Nope. They might tell us something is coming shortly before it does as they've done that before. As to who we might be getting they don't do that generally. However, we know about Bombur and we've not seen him go up yet.

Back