Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Bombur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Got him quick! :rock haven't gotten tracking but sometimes I don't. Looking forward to him showing up.

Wow! Great detailing there DaveMac. And you got him pretty quick too, congrats! :clap Is the number written on the back of the base?
Can't wait to get mine; it shipped on the same day I ordered mine :impatient:. Got stuck somewhere, goblins must've delayed him :lol

Cheers all. The number is on the base as always and mine is 680. This is already one of those statues that just draws your eye to it. Love it! :inlove

G'day everyone! Mr. Bombur has arrived at my hobbit hole :yess:! #171/1000. Very nice statue! Great job Weta, thank you! :clap

8520419969_f3502115ed_b.jpg

8520426735_1521d1ef8d_b.jpg

8520423651_1fa9f932b3_b.jpg

8521536772_680d79d911_b.jpg

8521540132_f666fc7f0d_b.jpg

8521541484_356272b387_b.jpg

Weta's The Hobbit statue line so far. Now, what's next? :impatient:

8521547130_61d082cce8_b.jpg

Bombur actor Stephen Hunter is appearing at Supanova 2013 in Melbourne and Gold Coast in April so I may bring the base of this statue for him to sign. :yess: So are Dean O' Gorman (Fili), Graham McTavish (Dwalin) and Sylvester McCoy (Radagast - Gold Coast only though), and LOTR stars - Karl Urban (Eomer) and Mark Ferguson (Gil Galad). Weta is a guest sponsor! :clap I hope they'll come to Sydney too in June for the Sydney Supanova!

Thanks Josh!!! It's a nice statue, the photos don't do it justice. :wink1: Has yours arrived yet?

No problem. Your pictures are good. :hi5: Not yet. He's due in on Wednesday. :yess:

Bombur actor Stephen Hunter is appearing at Supanova 2013 in Melbourne and Gold Coast in April so I may bring the base of this statue for him to sign. :yess: So are Dean O' Gorman (Fili), Graham McTavish (Dwalin) and Sylvester McCoy (Radagast - Gold Coast only though), and LOTR stars - Karl Urban (Eomer) and Mark Ferguson (Gil Galad). Weta is a guest sponsor! :clap I hope they'll come to Sydney too in June for the Sydney Supanova!

Nice! You gotta get some autos.

I'm green with envy! Will a ticket of this event guarantee at least an autograph from all these esteemed fellows?

I'm green with envy! Will a ticket of this event guarantee at least an autograph from all these esteemed fellows?

Hi Radagaster :wave! The ticket is for entrance only to the venue (the tix is not that expensive though), but a token (which you will buy) will guarantee you for an autograph and/or a photo. I just need to be there early so that I'll be able to get all the Hobbit stars' autographs coz it could be a long queue of hobbits! :wink1:

Got Bombur today. Really a fantastic job by Weta again. They're really showing off exceptional work with this line. The detail work is really well done as is the paint (yet again). His outfit while the simplest so far I think really gives off a cloth look/feel.

Got Bombur today. Really a fantastic job by Weta again. They're really showing off exceptional work with this line. The detail work is really well done as is the paint (yet again). His outfit while the simplest so far I think really gives off a cloth look/feel.

:clap Congrats Josh! :hi5: The Bombur statue is really nice! Weta has hit another home run with this! :yess: Now, who's next? Can't wait!:impatient: They might show us something at SDCC or who knows, at Supanova in Oz in April? :wink1:

Pictures please??? :stick :wink1:

Thanks! :duff He really is. Weta is really on a roll. That's a good question. I think it's Radagast to be honest or maybe one of the Goblins. Something other than a Dwarf for people who want something different. I think we will see something sooner and they've said as much on S&F.

This weekend. :rock

The Goblin King would be awesome. I loved the character design and how he acted outside of that chin.

Back