Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On both of the recent ones that I have had everything green has looked awful. This is shoddy, the trees, bushes all look like they were painted by a child. I gueess it doesn't matter from afar.

I feel the same way about the Rivendell, Bag End, and Beorn's House enviros, but more of the sculpt than the paint app. I'm not sure what Mary McLachlan would do to make better looking trees.

The guy who paint this probably think it's a cool effect to add green over the bridge and don't even know LOTR and how Rivendell should be paint.

Does anyone already gets a Rivendell from the latest February batch? Something to say with the green paint? I am waiting for dispatch from the uk..

Does anyone already gets a Rivendell from the latest February batch? Something to say with the green paint? I am waiting for dispatch from the uk..

Mine copy was shipped, I'll take and post pictures when it has arrived..

Great, I'll go check right away, let me know about your impression too.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Great, I'll go check right away, let me know about your impression too.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Rivendell has arrived today. Mine copy has no errors, (almost!) no floating pillars and the green looks normal on the first view. Only the alignment from one tower (middle building rear sid)) could be a little wrong, I will search other pictures for this, but this is very very fussy. My carton number ist 213/300.
The building colors are a little pallit / faint (in comparision with my Vandervelt Rivendell and the movie), but that was critizied before. the green looks normal, maybe a little bit too much (light) green in front of the most left building, but maybe its a grassy path. It looks consitent.

All in all I am very pleased with my first enviroment from weta and wait for the white council for completion. :)

Here are some pics of ordinary the model itself, problematik areas and a short video (somewhre in the middle of the photos) with artificial light.:

IMG_1485_zpssmy8gf3q.jpg Photo by dabiggy | Photobucket

Good to hear, glad you like it and came in good shape. This will be my next Weta order sometime in the next month, give or take. Hope it doesn't sellout before as I've put it off for far to long. Nice pics and congrats.

Good to hear, glad you like it and came in good shape. This will be my next Weta order sometime in the next month, give or take. Hope it doesn't sellout before as I've put it off for far to long. Nice pics and congrats.

I've ordered in October 2015 and am pleased that it finally has arrived yesterday. :clap
I won't wait too long- this was rivendell last production run and you never now when your nearest warehouse gets out of stock ;)

Rivendell has arrived today. Mine copy has no errors, (almost!) no floating pillars and the green looks normal on the first view. Only the alignment from one tower (middle building rear sid)) could be a little wrong, I will search other pictures for this, but this is very very fussy. My carton number ist 213/300.
The building colors are a little pallit / faint (in comparision with my Vandervelt Rivendell and the movie), but that was critizied before. the green looks normal, maybe a little bit too much (light) green in front of the most left building, but maybe its a grassy path. It looks consitent.

All in all I am very pleased with my first enviroment from weta and wait for the white council for completion. :)

Here are some pics of ordinary the model itself, problematik areas and a short video (somewhre in the middle of the photos) with artificial light.:

IMG_1485_zpssmy8gf3q.jpg Photo by dabiggy | Photobucket

Glad to hear about your environment. Pictures are good, bridge seems to have more green mush than first batch. Pillars are really great touching the platform.
You're seems happy with purchase but not too much enthusiasm. Am I right? Is it how you would expect it?

You're seems happy with purchase but not too much enthusiasm. Am I right? Is it how you would expect it?

You aren't my wife, are you? :rotfl My wife (she gift it for birthday/xmas and it came a "little" late ;)) asked me the same when I unwrap.
Rivendell is my first LOTR figure. I am a very big fan from the movies. I love the golden/brown colors from the movies Rivendell and from my Vandervelt picture right above. When I first unwrap the sculpture, it was a little dark in the room. The sculpture is flawless. The roofs and buildings were, as I wrote above, a little pallit, the water is less "sparkling" blue than on the homepage (also look this vs. this). Disappointed or not enthusiastic are the wrong words.
I know, no sculpture could look so "naturally" and perfect then the movie. I think the pics from the prototype/website are also digitally processed. Under these circumstances the enviroment looks as best as a sculpture could look. I really think it's worth every penny, but I think the picture from the homepage are a little exaggerated.

I've watched it today again in daylight and align it the same as on the vandervelt picture (also a little lamp onto the left) and saw these many similarities (a balcony is missing in the middle house:gah:) between the painting and the sculpture. But, I am happy nowwhen looking to my (and my wifes) most iconic place in middle earth and wait for the white council to complete. :yess:

I don't know, if I will adjust one day the water to a more blue. :)

p.s. do you know were the council of elrond took place in Rivendell? Here?

I got my edition of Rivendell today and I have say I'm very happy with it. The detail is amazing. The only nits I have have is they spilled lacquer into the river in a couple of spots. I think I did a good job of painting over it however.

Before:

000.jpg

After:

001.jpg

In close up pictures you can see I do have a few "floating" columns too and gaps where the buildings fit together. From the naked eye however you don't notice them very much. It's also odd...in close up pictures it can look like some columns are crooked, or twisted, but again in person to the nekked eye...they look straight. I also crafted a video tour if anyone is interested at the link below. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GErBzc9UmQ4

Last edited:
I got my edition of Rivendell today and I have say I'm very happy with it. The detail is amazing. The only nits I have have is they spilled lacquer into the river in a couple of spots. I think I did a good job of painting over it however.

very nice correction, I did not search after such things. Could you also "correct" mine and put some life to the rivers? :D My white council chamber has arrived yesterday and the waterfall is really living in relation to the water in Rivendell :)

Which colors (white / blue?) did you use?

p.s. nice pics in you video

You aren't my wife, are you? :rotfl My wife (she gift it for birthday/xmas and it came a "little" late ;)) asked me the same when I unwrap.
Rivendell is my first LOTR figure. I am a very big fan from the movies. I love the golden/brown colors from the movies Rivendell and from my Vandervelt picture right above. When I first unwrap the sculpture, it was a little dark in the room. The sculpture is flawless. The roofs and buildings were, as I wrote above, a little pallit, the water is less "sparkling" blue than on the homepage (also look this vs. this). Disappointed or not enthusiastic are the wrong words.
I know, no sculpture could look so "naturally" and perfect then the movie. I think the pics from the prototype/website are also digitally processed. Under these circumstances the enviroment looks as best as a sculpture could look. I really think it's worth every penny, but I think the picture from the homepage are a little exaggerated.

I've watched it today again in daylight and align it the same as on the vandervelt picture (also a little lamp onto the left) and saw these many similarities (a balcony is missing in the middle house:gah:) between the painting and the sculpture. But, I am happy nowwhen looking to my (and my wifes) most iconic place in middle earth and wait for the white council to complete. :yess:

I don't know, if I will adjust one day the water to a more blue. :)

p.s. do you know were the council of elrond took place in Rivendell? Here?

Not sure if that was the place of elrond council... But with table in the middle like in the movie, I think it is.

Jerry vanderstelt Rivendell is really amazing and does not disappoint. I finally choose to order the Minas tirith environment. Details are so nice, I know it doesn't worth 600$ but with my 400$ of weta dollar... Not too expansive. And the sculpt details of MT is pretty well done. I would like to see MT beside Barad dur on pictures.

very nice correction, I did not search after such things. Could you also "correct" mine and put some life to the rivers? :D My white council chamber has arrived yesterday and the waterfall is really living in relation to the water in Rivendell :)

Which colors (white / blue?) did you use?

p.s. nice pics in you video

Thanks for the compliments. I used Tamiya brand paints. I started with "flat blue" and mixed in just a little "Dark Green". then I wiped off excess paint from the brush and dry-brushed over the problem spots. I let that dry for a few mins, the LIGHTLY dry brushed over that with "white'. All acrylics.

My last step will be to get a good glossy clear coat for that spot ti make it look wet. I tried to put a drop of Model Master "Clear Laquer" on it, but it instantly started to dissolve the paint, I'm nto sure what I was doing wrong, (maybe too strong?) so I had to re-paint and now I'm going to look for a less powerful lacquer.

I just wanted to post out that I have started a new Weta Collectors FB site. I started this group because I didn't see many FB sites dedicated to talking about Weta and thought it would be nice to have a place where people could share pictures of their favorite items, discuss products, do a little trading if necessary and in general connect with fellow collectors. This is not to say topics related to collectibles from other manufactures are banned, but it would be great to keep the general point geared towards all things Weta. Please click the link below if you are interested in joining the site and lets see where we can go with it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526230101014373/

Thanks for the compliments. I used Tamiya brand paints. I started with "flat blue" and mixed in just a little "Dark Green". then I wiped off excess paint from the brush and dry-brushed over the problem spots. I let that dry for a few mins, the LIGHTLY dry brushed over that with "white'. All acrylics.

My last step will be to get a good glossy clear coat for that spot ti make it look wet. I tried to put a drop of Model Master "Clear Laquer" on it, but it instantly started to dissolve the paint, I'm nto sure what I was doing wrong, (maybe too strong?) so I had to re-paint and now I'm going to look for a less powerful lacquer.

Thank you. I'll ask my wife if she can make that for me :lol I am rather all thumbs :slap

Nice video, Vonhahn. I just placed my order for Rivendell. I've been delaying the order but I think it is only a matter of time before it will be sold out and I didn't want to miss out. I used some of my Weta dollars to help soften the financial blow.

Nice video, Vonhahn. I just placed my order for Rivendell. I've been delaying the order but I think it is only a matter of time before it will be sold out and I didn't want to miss out. I used some of my Weta dollars to help soften the financial blow.

Same here, I'll be ordering in the next 1-2 weeks. Really looking forward to finally seeing it in hand.

Great video Von, I hope mine arrives in as good condition as your. :duff

Back