Statue Weta New Ringwraith on Steed statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the release of this new ringwraith statue will have people dumping their original SS/Weta version, which I highly prefer and would quickly add to my collection.

Dimensions:21.65" x 17.71" x 14.56" (W x H x D) 55 cm x 45 cm x 37 cm
Weight:26.45 lbs (12 kg)

Does this feel like true 1/6 scale?

The 2012 SS/Weta Ringwraith statue measured roughly 19″ x 10″ x 11″ (H x W x D).

Granted the base was pretty high on the solo version and isn't on the rider one, but am a little worried about the size of the horse here.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

No way! I'm keeping the original and not getting this one.

I am sure there will be some who do, at the very least should make the prices come down a bit, at least for a while.

I like the new version too, and if I collected 1/6 would have both. As for now just have the SS PF.

Never thought I'd see the day where I had zero interest in a new Ringwraith on Steed statue. I owned the original SSW one at three different times but this one just doesn't come close IMO. I'm still hoping that either Weta or Iron Studios eventually makes a mini RWOS in a neutral museum type pose similar to the original.

Never thought I'd see the day where I had zero interest in a new Ringwraith on Steed statue. I owned the original SSW one at three different times but this one just doesn't come close IMO. I'm still hoping that either Weta or Iron Studios eventually makes a mini RWOS in a neutral museum type pose similar to the original.

Seems many disagree, it appears to be almost sold out already(13 left), and they usually oversell to cover cancellations so it might actually be sold out already.

Not bad, TB was unique with a very low edition size, this shows a lot of interest with a fairly quick sell out.

It may go back up at some point but other items have as well....

Listed as SOLD-OUT. Regardless if there ends up being a few left or not, there certainly won't be any Flash Sales of $200-$300 off for this piece. Count yourself lucky if ya got one. I do. :wave

Damn - this is now sold out but Arwen/Frodo and Eomer despite same es is not. Doesn't make much sense to me. But then again - just like Marvel and DC figures ......... bad guys sells.

arwen.jpg

Arwen/Frodo and Eomer would only be for the die hard middle earth fan given the size and cost.
Ringwraith is a no brainer, been a long time since the first one and not nearly as large as the PF with a much lower ed. size.

it's just crazy to me that a full 1/4 RWOS statue was only a $100 more than this a few years ago and can still be had around that price if I remember correctly.

it's just crazy to me that a full 1/4 RWOS statue was only a $100 more than this a few years ago and can still be had around that price if I remember correctly.

It is, but I understand a lot more people collect this scale for LOTR than the SS PF line. I have the 1/4 ones myself is the only reason I didn't get this.

Damn - this is now sold out but Arwen/Frodo and Eomer despite same es is not. Doesn't make much sense to me. But then again - just like Marvel and DC figures ......... bad guys sells.

View attachment 443208

Arwen’s face sculpt/paint killed this whole statue, otherwise it would be sold out long ago.

Listed as SOLD-OUT. Regardless if there ends up being a few left or not, there certainly won't be any Flash Sales of $200-$300 off for this piece. Count yourself lucky if ya got one. I do. :wave

Well not sure how lucky you really are dropping close to $750 shipped for this.

Back