Statue Weta New Ringwraith on Steed statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not sure how lucky you really are dropping close to $750 shipped for this.

Lucky b/c I DO have the $ to "drop" on this statue.
Lucky, b/c its' supply was tempered w/a relatively low edition # given the high popularity of the Ringwraiths. It sold quickly, & demand was high as I had a suspicion it would be.
Lucky, b/c after collecting LOTR collectibles for 17 years now, history has show that most pieces that do sellout this quickly have a pretty good track record of at least retaining their original value, if not increasing on the secondary market. Doesn't feel like money "dropped" to me. In the past I've tended to wait until these high-dollar Weta pieces drop in retail price b4 purchasing, (ex. Weta Flash Sales saved me $300 on the Fell Beast bust, $200 on Balrog). But there will be no Flash Sale for this piece. So pulling the trigger right away & not waiting was lucky.
And lastly, lucky b/c I find it a fantasticly dynamic piece & am looking forward to adding an actual "Blackrider" representation to my Ringwraith collection, since I'm a non-owner of the original Weta one or the 1/4 SS/Weta version (which are great-lookin' pieces too, no argument there from me.)

It is, but I understand a lot more people collect this scale for LOTR than the SS PF line. I have the 1/4 ones myself is the only reason I didn't get this.

while i do like this, i like the OG Weta more and I believe is cheaper, if not the same price. I'm curiously waiting for a Prime wraith as well.

I have a feeling P1 may rekindle a lot of interest in LOTR, as the only game in town for a while Weta's done allright and I like their stuff but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what P1 has to offer. I really want Sauron so it may just be one and done for me.

Prime will be 1/3 though right? The SS Sauron was huge, I couldn't imagine a 1/3 scale. I would really only want a RW and Witch king in that scale.

Even at 1/4 scale Sauron will be large @ 2' - 3' tall, not to far off from what the PF was.
Originally I though the Sauron PF was going to be the first legendary scale figure but was eventually listed as a PF. Was a long time between the preview and an actual P.O.

I look at P1's Berserk pieces as a possible preview of LOTR.

Last edited:
I have a feeling P1 may rekindle a lot of interest in LOTR, as the only game in town for a while Weta's done allright and I like their stuff but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what P1 has to offer. I really want Sauron so it may just be one and done for me.

i am looking forward to p1 lotr, they are the only company besides blitzway that does an outstanding job with humanoid face sculpt/paint. Weta is hit and miss at best. I hope p1 will complete the fellowship, still bitter at sideshow for not completing the fellowship - ending the series with 1 freaking statue left (merry + pippin). 1/4 arwen done right will be pretty awesome too!

i am looking forward to p1 lotr, they are the only company besides blitzway that does an outstanding job with humanoid face sculpt/paint. Weta is hit and miss at best. I hope p1 will complete the fellowship, still bitter at sideshow for not completing the fellowship - ending the series with 1 freaking statue left (merry + pippin). 1/4 arwen done right will be pretty awesome too!

Yah, that was and is still a burn by SSC to not complete the fellowship. P1 should be exciting to see, while my ToE looked good and I had no problems with the portrait paint app in hand, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the total package so I eventually sold it. The last Balrog was the same, lackluster overall paint app on a high dollar item. I don't know if I'll go for all the fellowship but I'm in for Sauron (price pending :thud:).

Where are the in-hand pixs already?!! Mine's in my garage, but I won't be able to assemble it until I have an extra set of hands to help. Word on the street (aka FB statue groups) is that you have to be VERY careful with putting the horse legs in the pegs. (Heh heh, that rhymed.) Weta also emailed out an assembly instruction video to follow.

image_10277.jpg

image_10278.jpg

image_10280.jpg

image_10281.jpg

Samething I posted on the flamers forum..

The horse and rider are not all that heavy, the base has some heft to it. The angle of the figure with the size & weight of the base makes it a bit tricky to piece together. You'll need to place both hooves in the slots almost simultaneously to get them to fit properly, and be sure you screw the wingnut tight enough without any wobble (hopefully), when I did that I'd did get some cracking on the water under the hoof. That part should have been something more solid or pliable and not as brittle.

I had the base end with the threaded rod accessible hanging off the side of a table when I did this, it just seemed easier trying to fit the base and figure together. Take your time.

Congrats
I have zero problems to fit the statue in the base that was easy to assemble but the crack comes i don?t know why. :( and i get a preplacement from Weta now.

Ok, finally got this and two other pieces (Torturer of Gol Dulgur & Fell Beast bust) unboxed & set-up this wkd. Yes, this was a very nervous assembly w/the base & statue. It was NOT easy, as the screw hoof & the other wedge block hoof did NOT want to go in at the same time. The fragile, clear plastic water splashes were another annoying complication to work around. It took about 4 times, moving the horse leg, ever-so-increasingly stronger b4 the wedge block hoof fit. Once I was able to tighten the screw it seemed to settle better. No cracks. Goodness, I hope it holds.

One thing that doesn't come across very well in pictures as opposed to seeing it in-person is the intense angle that the horse and rider are at. It's beautiful and definitely adds a great deal of dynamism....but whoa, they really took a chance here. It won't surprise me if several of these horses end up getting put down, as there are going to be many broken legs (and collector's hearts).

But it's an absolutely FANTASTIC piece of art. The details are quite something to behold. This is certainly a jewel in any LOTR collection. If you get a chance to pick one up while the price is at least close to retail, I would jump on it, as I only see it increasing in value & collectibility.

20191019_194124_resized.jpg

20191019_194102_resized.jpg

20191019_194219_resized.jpg

20191019_194311_resized.jpg

Incredibly dynamic piece :clap I should get mine from retailer soon, I will definitely warm those legs with a hairdryer before I put it together

Back