Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly after the fiasco last year I really doubt we will see much or any discounts from Weta this Christmas. Even if they offered a 10% off deal that still would sort of throw the early birds under the bus as this is a slightly better deal. And let's just say the fanbase wasn't exactly kind to Weta during that whole fiasco. I kept my balrog order and overpaid as a result.

Yeah, they pretty much shoot it down every time it's brought up.:dunno

Last I read they want to get one up and running but have some difficulties with the New Zealand bank which is preventing it. I expect Peter Jackson to buy New Zealand outright soon so the problems should disappear then. :D

Sadly after the fiasco last year I really doubt we will see much or any discounts from Weta this Christmas. Even if they offered a 10% off deal that still would sort of throw the early birds under the bus as this is a slightly better deal. And let's just say the fanbase wasn't exactly kind to Weta during that whole fiasco. I kept my balrog order and overpaid as a result.

Yes, that was as crazy as I've seen Weta collectors get. I think this was due in large part to Smaug. I also kept my order (for Smaug) and paid more than those that cancelled and reordered with the discount. I try not to let it bother me so much as these are luxury items after all. In retrospect I'm glad I sold off my SS (ME) figurative pieces and stuck with mainly Weta environments, mostly.

Last edited:
There is no White tree, no catapults.. and is 950$... I'm Australian so it's 900aud.. Way to expensive for an open edition piece.
I've only started collecting since the start of the year, but I spent less on Gandalf on shadowfax, Thror, Morgul Lord..

This would be one of the last environments I would buy, I am picking up Rivendell quite soon, but money getting eaten by older pieces that cost an arm and a leg.

plus with Nycc coming up in october they will announce the rest of the line up, so don't spend too freely just yet.

People from Weta confirmed on Flame of Udun the White Tree will be included but it's super tiny due to the scale. The trebuchets are missing, however.

does anyone know what that stub in the center is? it doesn't look like a tree. so what is it?

Yeah, it is the tree, as least a re-presentation of the tree. It is only 3mm in size so shaping to a tree shape that a mold could be taken of was an issue at that size.

Yeah, it is the tree, as least a re-presentation of the tree. It is only 3mm in size so shaping to a tree shape that a mold could be taken of was an issue at that size.

ok. just ordered. glad it's just a placeholder. would have been a deal breaker for me.

hate the high usd exchange rate at the moment though.

Any news if MT got already shipped? Q4 2015 is almost over.. Waiting for tree-pictures :impatient:

It still says Q4 2015 on the site. I need the 90 weta dollars from this to order Elrond - I'm not paying $300 for him.

It still says Q4 2015 on the site. I need the 90 weta dollars from this to order Elrond - I'm not paying $300 for him.

I've asked support for rivendell and MT dispatch in mid of december. Answer was they hope to dispatch in february (mt and rivendell)...

Just got this:

We're pleased to inform you that your order #760589 has been processed and released to our US Warehouse for dispatch.
The delivery times are approximately:
Up to 5 business days for domestic destinations (UPS Ground), up to 10 business days for Mexican and Canadian destinations (UPS Ground or USPS) and up to 21 days for other international destinations.
Thanks for shopping with us!
If you have any queries around your order, please contact us on [email protected]
Cheers
The Team at Weta

But no good pic of tree... I'am asking there for one shot. Now it just look like on the homepage - no tree, more a clump

Because of the scale, I think it's impossible to have a detailed tree using polystone. To make it possible , they would have to used PVC plastic like they did with barad dur.

Back