Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is $600 but there's an early bird discount of $50 for the first 100 orders. Quite a high price, even if I could afford it I wouldn't bite, I'll wait and see if the advent calander offers any significant savings on it, even if it means waiting a few years. It is a nice looking piece though and one I would like to own someday.

I think it is rather overpriced as well, especially since it is an open edition. Thought it would be closer to Rivendell. Oh well, I ordered. Had $59 in points so it brought the price down a bit. Shipping to Texas was $28.

Expensive. Missed the early bird discount but will still order eventually. I'd have to agree with most sentiment that it should have been limited at that price.

I didn't check but I assume this is bigger than Rivendell. I don't collect environments.

Funny, I went to wetanz and looked at Rivendell and Minas Tirith, and they are both exactly the same in size and weight: 7.9" x 18.1" x 12.2" (H x W x D) / 13.2 lbs

Passing on this till 2017 maybe...lots of other L/E pieces to get

Disappointed at the price for an open edition piece. This is definitely on a back-burner for me, I'll need to build up some serious weta dollars to consider this. I thought the Rings licence was cheaper than the Hobbit's? At most I expected this to be no more than a $100 more than Rivendell

Yeah the 50 dollars early bird offer isn't even 10% off. We should be able to find a better deal than that eventually through treasure cards or promotions. Pretty universal complaining on the price, yet they sold through the early bird discounts in about 15 minutes.

Yeah the 50 dollars early bird offer isn't even 10% off. We should be able to find a better deal than that eventually through treasure cards or promotions. Pretty universal complaining on the price, yet they sold through the early bird discounts in about 15 minutes.

First 100 in 20 minutes
Second 100 in 3 months

Expensive, yes, but I think it looks great. I really hope Weta has more items of this calibur in the future. While I don't expect them to be inexpensive, ME will be my main (only) focus by next year so it will be less painful.

A payment plan system would make these more expensive products a easier pill to swallow. Hopefully they get one up and running soon, I know they want to. atleast you get a hefty chunk of Weta dollars back too, especially if you're a gold collector. That helps quite a bit as well.

A payment plan system would make these more expensive products a easier pill to swallow. Hopefully they get one up and running soon, I know they want to. atleast you get a hefty chunk of Weta dollars back too, especially if you're a gold collector. That helps quite a bit as well.

Payment plan wont happen to Weta ..nope

I'm only complaining about the price because I frigging love this piece so much.

I wish I hated it. It would make this whole situation so much easier! :lol

The piece is very nice but the price reveal was a brutal kick to the groin... :horror

The initial 100 orders utilizing the $50 dollar discount was to be expected. There are those collectors that were going to place the order, regardless of the price, and wanted to take advantage of the discount.

But the vast majority of the collectors are frugal shoppers and it will most likely take some time for them to purchase of this piece, if even considering to do so.

I was actually looking forward to adding it to my collection but unfortunately can't afford it at this time. It looks like I'll be staying with my Danbury Mint MT (which is actually quite nice...)

Back