Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto...love this long awaited piece :love. It shall be mine. :yess:

It is OE so there shouldn't be any rush, but I don't think I will be able to shop myself from getting it as soon as it becomes available. :slap :lol

My poor wallet :panic:

Can't believe people are complaining about this piece. It's one of my most anticipated environments and undoubtedly the center piece of any LOTR collection. The fact that it's an OE should be make every collector happy.

Next up...Osgiliath please.:)

Scale, no. But I saw this in person, and it does hold the same footprint as Barad-Dur,so plan your space accordingly.

Scale, no. But I saw this in person, and it does hold the same footprint as Barad-Dur,so plan your space accordingly.

That's what I figured size wise. I've already sold a few things off to pay for this, by the time this goes up for PO I should have it completely covered. Really looking forward to finally getting this. I'm banking on 400-500 even as an open ed.

If that is the case, I'll be quite happy staying with my Danbury Mint version. At roughly the same size/scale, I'll be fine without the extended base.

It's unlikely it will be less than Rivendell, given its size and Rivendell is $400 with an open edition so hang on to the Danbury version.

It's unlikely it will be less than Rivendell, given its size and Rivendell is $400 with an open edition so hang on to the Danbury version.

That's my fear, too. On the other hand, I'm loving the smials being released. Just received #35 and The Green Dragon Inn and they are fantastic. Nicely priced and full of character.

Here's a shot of my "Shire Shelf":

The Shire Shelf.jpg

That's my fear, too. On the other hand, I'm loving the smials being released. Just received #35 and The Green Dragon Inn and they are fantastic. Nicely priced and full of character.

Here's a shot of my "Shire Shelf":

View attachment 198974

Thanks for sharing this pic, it may inspire me to buy these smials after all. I like the curved pieces (the two new ones) as the curve really gives them character.

will order this when good and ready...maybe 2016-17...got lots more L/E pieces to acquire...plus on a budget :)

Price pending, I may hold off for a few weeks+ to order. Biggest want right now but I need to free up some space first. I think this and Barad Dûr will have the biggest "wow" factor for environments, Rivendale too. The Golden Hall will look small compared to both, but I guess making Edoras is moot or just not large enough overall.

I agree about the wow factor. I think the smaller ones definitely needs to be combined as FlyandFight did to make an impact. This makes spending 500-600 on the Prancing Pony even harder.

Back