WETA Gollum Character Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this was a little bigger, closer to 1/9th scale or so. I would have loved to display it with the Sideshow "Mount Doom" piece. (Sam carrying Frodo up Mt. Doom.)

I think the difference in scale might not look good, though.

Stick him in the background and pretend he's a long, long way away ;) :wave

will there be a non-exclusive version for the rest of us?

Yes. The only difference is the WETA logo and small weta insect are on the back of the 'exclusive' version which you can only get from the WETA cave.

Both versions are open editions so will be readily available, and if you want the special edition, then maybe someone living nearby the Cave might oblige? :)

Managed some shots today -

34y8ztt.jpg

34talpi.jpg

2v0gvmw.jpg

dw26au.jpg

Yes. The only difference is the WETA logo and small weta insect are on the back of the 'exclusive' version which you can only get from the WETA cave.

Both versions are open editions so will be readily available, and if you want the special edition, then maybe someone living nearby the Cave might oblige? :)

thanks for explaining that.
I'll get the regular edition. If I ever get to the WETA cave, I'll get the exclusive as a momento of the visit but don't feel a need to get the exclusive ahead of a visit.

Those are some really nice photo's!

The paint app's look really good and the overall sculpt is nice, but there's something about the face that just kills this piece for me. Still, I'd take this in a heartbeat over the "souvenir edition". Sorry, but I cannot think of anything tackier than a company putting their name/location and company mascot on a collectible statue....and I'd be just as horrified if SS ever did the same. :ohbfrank:

Those are some really nice photo's!

The paint app's look really good and the overall sculpt is nice, but there's something about the face that just kills this piece for me. Still, I'd take this in a heartbeat over the "souvenir edition". Sorry, but I cannot think of anything tackier than a company putting their name/location and company mascot on a collectible statue....and I'd be just as horrified if SS ever did the same. :ohbfrank:

They're both souvenir editions I think, made for the frequent visitors and enquirers. The only difference is the WETA monikered one is only available from the cave itself which makes it a more 'personal' souvenir as you have to have been there to get it........in theory :wink1:

I like the 'starved frog' look he's got going on.

They're both souvenir editions I think, made for the frequent visitors and enquirers. The only difference is the WETA monikered one is only available from the cave itself which makes it a more 'personal' souvenir as you have to have been there to get it........in theory :wink1:

I like the 'starved frog' look he's got going on.

So what is he, a hobbit, a frog or a duck? :lol

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread because Weta US will have this guy back in stock soon, hopefully! :yess:
Anyway, anybody who owns it, is this guy in 1/6 scale?
I remember seeing it during SDCC and as I want to display it with my SS LOTR 1/6 collection, I'm wondering if it's in the right scale...

I know Smeagol from the Two Towers DVD Special Ed. is, but this one looks so much better...

Thanks! :duff

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread because Weta US will have this guy back in stock soon, hopefully! :yess:
Anyway, anybody who owns it, is this guy in 1/6 scale?
I remember seeing it during SDCC and as I want to display it with my SS LOTR 1/6 collection, I'm wondering if it's in the right scale...

I know Smeagol from the Two Towers DVD Special Ed. is, but this one looks so much better...

Thanks! :duff

If it's 1/6th scale you're after I would suggest waiting for the SS maquette....this statue is something like 1/12th scale.

1/12??? :horror!
Didn't know it was that small... for some reason i though it was bigger...
I forgot, did Sideshow already mention they're working on a Gollum Maquette?

No, nothing on a maquette as of yet, but there's no doubt SS will eventually do one. As for now the PF at 1/4 scale would be your best bet.

Back