WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have a interested list started, it is very short at the moment, just you in fact!

Now there are two names on the list! I have thought about making a Arwen piece to go along with the tomb, I am not sure where it falls on my list of projects I would like to tackle, but if there was enough interest it is something I would love to do! Honestly, I can't think of anything Middle Earth related I wouldn't like to sculpt :). If I had all of the time in the world, I would probably fill my basement with ME sculptures!

Yeah, I had forgot to sign my last post, at least my pup keeping warm on Mt. Doom was there, to let people know it was me!

-Kyle

Hi Kyle! You can add me to the Balin's tomb list as well. The Arwen project sounds very interesting as well.

I actually have a interested list started, it is very short at the moment, just you in fact!

Now there are two names on the list! I have thought about making a Arwen piece to go along with the tomb, I am not sure where it falls on my list of projects I would like to tackle, but if there was enough interest it is something I would love to do! Honestly, I can't think of anything Middle Earth related I wouldn't like to sculpt :). If I had all of the time in the world, I would probably fill my basement with ME sculptures!

Yeah, I had forgot to sign my last post, at least my pup keeping warm on Mt. Doom was there, to let people know it was me!

-Kyle

Is it a 1/4 Balin's tomb? For my 1/4 cave troll I'm having commissioned, we actually spoke about Balin's tomb being the EX but decided it was too much for an EX.

BTW, I should have a full reveal of the sculpt for the Cave Troll available to show soon!

Is it a 1/4 Balin's tomb? For my 1/4 cave troll I'm having commissioned, we actually spoke about Balin's tomb being the EX but decided it was too much for an EX.

BTW, I should have a full reveal of the sculpt for the Cave Troll available to show soon!

Sadly, it is going to be 1/6 scale.

Can't wait to see the Cave Troll! I can't imagine sculpting a 1/4 Cave Troll, that guy has to be pretty big!

Sadly, it is going to be 1/6 scale.

Can't wait to see the Cave Troll! I can't imagine sculpting a 1/4 Cave Troll, that guy has to be pretty big!

It's 34" tall without the base :) It will be larger than most people's children. Not even sure how I'm going to display it lol. It's almost like a garden piece.

It's going to be pretty epic. Already sold out of our EX and still need to sculpt the regular head, so once that's done I will put up info on getting on that list for everyone. I had JUST posted about it on the S&F like a day before the forum went down.

Kyle, what scale was Aragorn's tomb? I like how it turned out and would be interested in Balin's tomb, but Aragon looked VERY large in the pictures I saw, and I definitely wouldn't have room for a Balin's tomb of that size.

Who is making the Elven Warrior? Does anyone know the cost? Looks pretty cool!

Kyle, what scale was Aragorn's tomb? I like how it turned out and would be interested in Balin's tomb, but Aragon looked VERY large in the pictures I saw, and I definitely wouldn't have room for a Balin's tomb of that size.

Who is making the Elven Warrior? Does anyone know the cost? Looks pretty cool!

Aragorn's Tomb was 1/6 scale. From my rough calculations Balin's Tomb would be a lot smaller, so much so that I plan to have some of the surrounding debris, and skeleton Ori with book leaning against it.

Aragorn's Tomb was 1/6 scale. From my rough calculations Balin's Tomb would be a lot smaller, so much so that I plan to have some of the surrounding debris, and skeleton Ori with book leaning against it.

Great thinking. Aragorn's tomb was awesome and I am sure this will turn up amazing as well. Looking forward to seeing the first progress pics.

Great thinking. Aragorn's tomb was awesome and I am sure this will turn up amazing as well. Looking forward to seeing the first progress pics.

I will probably begin work once the new forum is up, so I can share updates! Though with SDCC coming up, there are a few other projects that will need to be worked on as well.

Consider me interested in Balin's tomb, pending size and price.

Any word on the Weta forum?

Great! I am thinking, base included, the footprint will be smaller than that of Aragorn's Tomb. I also want this one to feel more like a professional collectible, so I am thinking I am going to ditch the rigid foam filler, and try polystone, plus I am using a new type of acrylic paints, they are much better than what I used before. We will see how that goes :)

The new Weta forum goes live tomorrow at 2:00pm Eastern time. Hope to see you all there and thanks to Dave for putting up with us refugees!

The new Weta forum goes live tomorrow at 2:00pm Eastern time. Hope to see you all there and thanks to Dave for putting up with us refugees!

That is great news! I will be there:yess: Where ever there is?

Woohoo! :yess: Hopefully other displaced members out there like Noc, Min, dback, Morgoth, chaber, and many others are aware so we can bring the crew back together.

I'll be ready to register under my usual handle and bring back what threads I can remember from S+F. :lecture

Yupi! Hurra! :clap :clap :clap

Hello and thanks to Dave (sideshowcollectors). :rock :rock :rock

Where is the name of the new forum going to be announced first? :orthanc :ogat :orthanc

Back