WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signed up as well. Looks like a familiar place though I feel pity that the S&F with it's mighty well of information seems lost forever.

Just a random question ... if ever there came a day when all those seemingly lost S&F pages magically resurfaced ... would it be possible to archive them at FoU?

Just a random question ... if ever there came a day when all those seemingly lost S&F pages magically resurfaced ... would it be possible to archive them at FoU?

That is actually what we are hoping for. If (and that is a huge if) we ever get access to the old threads, we should be able to import them to the new forum, since they're both vBulletins.

Signed up, just waiting for a admin to weave there magic, see you all over there.

I wove my magic, welcome!

That is actually what we are hoping for. If (and that is a huge if) we ever get access to the old threads, we should be able to import them to the new forum, since they're both vBulletins.

I also signed up to the new forum. Olorin, I sure hope you are successful in retrieving the old S&F posts.

Did the old S+F require an admin to approve accounts? I don't remember, but I still haven't gotten an email confirmation or anything.

Did the old S+F require an admin to approve accounts? I don't remember, but I still haven't gotten an email confirmation or anything.

Old one no need. New one is needed, probably they have some security / bot spamming concerns. I am waiting to be approved too :)

Edit : It was needed.

Old one no need. New one is needed, probably they have some security / bot spamming concerns. I am waiting to be approved too :)

Actually, KingKong is mistaken. The old S&F also needed an admin approval. But for the past few years, Stig was also given admin rights to approve new registrations.

And yes, the FoU also requires mod approval. I've already turned down a couple of double accounts and spammers. We try to be online as much as possible but we do have personal lives occasionally :)

Ah that makes sense, if it keeps out double accounts and spammers then it definitely seems to be a good idea. Apologies if it came across as a complaint, as I could see how it might look that way when I read it. It wasn't intended to be such, just more of a statement since I didn't remember if the S+F had one or not.

I was hoping to post a few things over there too, and I was not able to use the "contact us" to see if I needed to do anything additional to post.

JV

Last edited:
Back