Statue WETA Fellowship Of The Ring Set 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WETA Fellowship dio

saw this photo on S&F and am so glad i have ordered the first set, i can't wait for Set 3.

34tb9sg.jpg

^ posted by EoMeR EaDiG

Set 2 & 3 are looking pretty good, but Set 1 looks bad + the price makes it a pass.

Its amazing how variable the face sculpts look in these pics. Sam looks good, aragorn a mess. I assume this is just from the photos and such and not a decent representation.

Sculpts are solid for the size but the piece as a whole is worth the price IMO.

The details on this set are really nice like the apples with Merry and Pippin.
But the price still rubs me the wrong way.

I love the way this piece captures the spirit of Merry and Pippin and the actors portrayal of the roles. Can definately see Billy and Dom there :)

All looks good except Legolas, looks as if he is taking a s*** and that face is all sorts of wrong LOL. I like the rest the way it is.

All looks good except Legolas, looks as if he is taking a s*** and that face is all sorts of wrong LOL. I like the rest the way it is.

from what i can see from the photos, from front on he looks ok but from the side it looks like he's frowning... maybe Gimli farted?

When I saw them, I looked closely at the likenesses. All but Legolas were passable, with some being better than others. Leggie was way off. But I've been wanting just such a dio for so long that I'm more than happy to overlook it. Bill the Pony and Sam is great.

The level of detail on these pieces is amazing considering the size of the characters. Pippin & Merry are wonderful, Frodo looks better close up as does Boromir. Legolas face is a weak point, which is more to do with the paint app than the sculpt & Aragorn's hair is wrong. But overall a very nice piece

The arch of the eyebrow of Legolas seems a different angle on this one that's why his expression is different. Compare it with the first photos released by Weta. Also, the paint colour used on his eyebrows was dark (too dark for a blond elf) that's why his face looks amiss. Hope they change this in the production pieces.
IMG_4826.jpg

7602372668_639af892be_b.jpg

And I really like Merry's and Pippin's expressions. Like Pippin was winding Merry up with the apple, and Merry is getting annoyed already (notice the frown). It's like Merry saying I'm peckish now, give me an apple. And Pippin saying nope, take it from me if you can. :lol
IMG_5047.jpg

This is a great set overall!

Back