Statue WETA Fellowship Of The Ring Set 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WETA Fellowship dio

Funny, that's the exact reasoning I enjoy the SS statues. The look of the WETA pieces do look good and I'm sure the Fellowship will come out great, as they always put great care into their LOTR products. Don't know why, but I like a bit of a "flow" in a statue rather than a static nothing-is-happening pose.

Each to their own I suppose. It's good that as fans we have two companies producing great collectibles. I still have a few of my old sideshow/weta statues down from 55 to 2 thats a weird thought.

Just went up for order. $200 for set 1 so gonna run $600 for all three sets. First set ships in Q4 of this year.

I think 600$ in total is too much considering the scale of these, wish it came as a one piece statue.

I'm 100% sure its a site glitch that will be fixed. I've sent an email to let them know.

Wow, this set looks really cool!!! :panic:

I think 600$ in total is too much considering the scale of these, wish it came as a one piece statue.

I agree... as cool as it is... the price is definitely a deal breaker for me... :monkey2

I hope they show the whole set @ Weta's booth during SDCC though... :pray:

I bet set 2 will be 250$ (4 characters) and set 3 at 300$ (2 characters + a horse).
It's open edition so I would wait if I was you guys.

Last edited:

Gandalf is 5 1/2" high and Frodo is 3" from head to toe - it may save space, but for $600, this thing is tiny. To think, what could have been...

For me to finally get this set with how things look in these pictures is worth it. This is something I've wanted to have in my collection for nearly a decade and I cannot wait to have this set.

I'm hoping the price has been set at that level because it's going to pay for the best factory paint work they can find. With the details being so tiny, the paint work will really make or break this piece.

Fingers are most assuredly crossed!

Why is this even being released in 3 parts, lotr tradition? No one is gonna want to buy one or two thirds of the fellowship:slap The price is steep for the size of the piece.

For me to finally get this set with how things look in these pictures is worth it. This is something I've wanted to have in my collection for nearly a decade and I cannot wait to have this set.

My sentiments exactly! I know this is expensive, however, I've waited nearly a decade for this piece to arrive and I will have it, no matter what.:lecture

A-MEN to what you just said! Been waiting for a decade for this!:hi5:

I attempted to order but I was surprised to see shipping cost to Australia is $24.48. This will most likely ship from their NZ warehouse which makes shipping to Australia cheaper. Hope this is just an error they'll fix when item is ready to ship. How about US customers who pre-ordered, what was your shipping fee? Is it just $9.77?

Why is this even being released in 3 parts, lotr tradition? No one is gonna want to buy one or two thirds of the fellowship:slap The price is steep for the size of the piece.
For 2 main reasons I think. It can be sold in their shop(s) as giftware ($600 would be too much) and entices collectors to buy them all.

Other reasons may include keeping collectors interested in WETA products, less money being lost on returns, more manageable workload for the factory, etc.

I was surprised about that, too. I thought this was preorder? Not sure why they charged us right away.:dunno

I'm 100% sure its a site glitch that will be fixed. I've sent an email to let them know.

I pre-ordered this thinking that I would not be charged right away. But when I checked my bank account, it's already a pending transaction. They already charged us in full? Before clicking on "Place Order" it stated somewhere on the page that Weta won't charge until the item is in-stock and ready to ship. :confused:

Back