Weta Argonath Enviro up for pre order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks amazing! I love my bookends.. but this truly will be a beautiful scene to display.

God i hope they do another orthanc.. i really wish i got in on that way back when.. it's so daunting even thinking of picking up some of the older items now.. this is my first pricier weta item. I'm so excited!

I loved my bookends but between the cat and my wife they have had a few tumbles so this will be a real nice replacement.

I can't believe it was still around when I got up this morning.

But it IS the original environment that was created and then rejected in favor of the bookends (from the deluxe EE FOTR); it IS what we have been waiting all these years to see!

That definitely makes it cooler. Just can't do it for only being 6.3 inches tall.

That definitely makes it cooler. Just can't do it for only being 6.3 inches tall.

I believe it's 6.3 inches front to back, 7.5 inches tall, and 11" wide across the front. which is a nice size IMO. Fits in well with the 'larger ones' (Helms Deep, Golden Hall, Mines of Moria, etc.)

EDIT - Actually, rereading the specs on the site, you may be right. Hmmm...

The Lord Of The Rings : The Argonath
Availability:
Shipping Q2 2010
Edition Size:
Dimensions:
6.3" x 11" x 7.5" (H x W x D)
16 cm x 28 cm x 19 cm
Weight:
6.6lbs (3 Kg)

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. And, it's nice to see this piece finally see the light of day.

That said, I'm not getting it. For 70$ you got the original Argonath bookends, the Extended DVD's and the National Geographic DVD.

Last edited:
Checked the exchange rate this morning and it was at $230.00. Just too pricey for me. If it was Orthanc, I would bite the bullet and find the funds for it.

It does look nice and has a decent ES but I can't justify the cost in what I see.

I just hope that the Prancing Pony doesn't come in at the same price point. If so, then I'll sadly be skipping it as well.

What a huge let-down for me, considering the environments have always been my main collection.

I would imagine the Pony would be cheaper. The Argonath looked like one of the larger, if not the largest pieces in the 'unreleased' bunch.

Who cares what size it is? Either you like it or don't. They're all going to be similar to the original environments.
I agree the price could also have been the same, but to UK collectors that's £125, and we have until second quarter of next year to be able to pay for it. Plus there are only 500 of them! The later SSW items all started to run into the thousands.
Needless to say, my order's in :D

Who cares what size it is? Either you like it or don't. They're all going to be similar to the original environments.
I agree the price could also have been the same, but to UK collectors that's £125, and we have until second quarter of next year to be able to pay for it. Plus there are only 500 of them! The later SSW items all started to run into the thousands.
Needless to say, my order's in :D

Who care what size it is??!!! Mrs. Took, thats who!!

JK - couldnt resist....

Seriously though, I do like it, but I thought it would be bigger thats all.

It's not the size, it's the price. (at least for me, it is...)

But I am under the assumption that it's basically the EE DVD Argonath pieces with the cliff sides, water and minute boats thrown in, in regards to actual size. Is this correct? In other words, are the two statue portions (Elendil and Isildur) the same exact size/scale to the EE DVD pieces? I can then visualize the size of the full piece, having the EE DVD pieces already.

Yes, I would expect that this is the same as the FOTR EE bookends but in the full original environment they were meant to be in. Everyone had a conniption when this was not released in favor of the bookends. Now that Weta is making this available, I expect that the true diehards and environment collectors will be the ones chasing after this. Yours truly being one of them. For me the bookends were mere trinkets. This one will have more details for discussion.

And for me the bookends were a loon executive's mad idea of a good idea. T'was a butchering of a beautiful sculpt! Those bookends simply cannot compare with the full thing. The boats give it a real sense of scale.

I'm surprised that more people aren't really excited about this! Would have thought most everyone would be elated to get more of the original Weta pieces. Myself, I've got it on order and looking forward to seeing it.

I'm surprised that more people aren't really excited about this! Would have thought most everyone would be elated to get more of the original Weta pieces. Myself, I've got it on order and looking forward to seeing it.

I'm super excited! The environments were always my favorite, so I'm glad to see them continuing. I've got this one on pre-order and look forward to many more!

As for figures, I'm happy to get SS Pf's and dioramas (wish they didn't cancel the 12" line...:sick)

Back