Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that's how it would be done. It is funny to think about having seen this at comic-con and thinking how long it would be until I actually had mine. Now, it won't be long before I own the best representation of this most evil of places in Middle-earth.

Angband would have been worse...Thangorodrim rising above the gates belching slag and smoke.

No Angband coming though...Barad-Dur will work for now, haha.

Angband would have been worse...Thangorodrim rising above the gates belching slag and smoke.

No Angband coming though...Barad-Dur will work for now, haha.

Most of the Morgoth Strongholds were really kinda inside the mountains themselves and went on forever under ground...which made them even more depressing than Barad-dur could ever be...I bet who saw Barad-dur said OOOhh Evil...but also deep inside their minds said ooooh That's the Coolest Castle!

Last edited:
After getting this latest Remarque in JVs ROTK print I'm even more excited to get this piece
IMG_2342.jpg

I would think that's how it would be done. It is funny to think about having seen this at comic-con and thinking how long it would be until I actually had mine. Now, it won't be long before I own the best representation of this most evil of places in Middle-earth.

Get a second JMan, the coin of the realm is in short supply down here ................... :wave

Is this the most expensive polystone statue weta ever made?

I believe so for LOTR...I just cant think of one more expensive at the moment...maybe the district 9 exosuit...not so sure

A few more weeks and we in the US get this...It will be awesome but expensive...still awesome comes first...usually

Paid and just a few minutes afterwards got a shipping confirmation. That was fast! Thanks Weta! Barad-dur on its way soon!:yess:

You lucky lucky boy...I hope you get a super low number like 007/1000 or something under 010...show pics and give critique!:lecture:faq...now all you gotta do is:impatient:

Last edited:
Thanks Josh! You'll have yours pretty soon :wink1:. What I can't understand is my Fellowship dio hasn't arrived yet. :( I've contacted Darren already and told him about it. Hope they'll sort it out.

I would say so. Question is when? I've never been the most patient person in the world. :lol That is very very odd. I'd say it got lost in the mail someplace.

This will be am awesome piece...I will examine it besides Rivendell and Orthanc plus pretend a $50 bill is next to it...I dont unsually compare but for the enormous price paid...I wanna see ...It will be a grail for some folks too I bet

It's impressive I can assure you of that. They had it next to those two at comic-con and as impressive as those two pieces are IMO this one is above them in so many ways. Which is impressive because both of those two are as good as any environment that Weta has produced.

It's impressive I can assure you of that. They had it next to those two at comic-con and as impressive as those two pieces are IMO this one is above them in so many ways. Which is impressive because both of those two are as good as any environment that Weta has produced.

I got this and Sauron based on the photos shown at Comic Con...The photos were nice IMHO...I know we will be happy... but this piece though has to be perfect for the price paid otherwise I could see a few returns being made...I never minded flaws and I understand they happen, but I hope this doesnt have any rivendell type flaws,,,even Orthanc had a couple of problems for some at the top of the tower...folks will and should scrutinize this piece more because of the money spent...At the moment I for one cant think of a 20 inch statue that cost 700 bucks ...just something to ponder is all...we spent gold and we demand gold...Those photos at Comic Con showed us Gold:yess:

Back