Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why but they are trying to charge me upfront. What's the trick here? I've made 4 pre-orders before & I only paid after item was in-stock. Or I'm just doing smth wrong?

They authorize payment from bank but don't charge til item ships. Basically they are making sure you have the funds.

Now it says limited edition to 1000. But could Weta create a open edition in 6 months and screw us?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Think about times when old and tiny 750 Orthanc sold für 1500$ ...

This is the masterpiece of Weta environments and with ES 1000 worth to be called a GRAIL of LOTR-collectibles. Had same feeling when buying my first big balrog 10 years ago :yess:

Now it says limited edition to 1000. But could Weta create a open edition in 6 months and screw us?

It said 1000 when it went up. Wasn't something they just added in the last few mins. No, they won't all of a sudden do an open portion and if they would do that it would have been announced from the start of this project.

I used my bank card and it subtracted $737.51 from my available cash balance. Is this temporary?

Yeah, it will fall off in a few days. Its done it the last two times I've ordered something with my CC.

picture.php

You can see the diference between the two towers size

So far the bigger is better approach for Orthanc and now Barad-Dur, has made me hold back on owning, only because the cost is more, and the scale is not the same as the other current enviros. So, I've saved myself $700, not to mention shelf space. I'll stick with my original Orthanc, and keep my DM Barad-Dur.

Something tells me the same will happen with the Minas Tirith.

Ordered, but at £500 this is the most expensive collectible I've ever ordered! Only bonus is I can use weta points against Rivendell at some point

Yeah, you're getting a nice chunk of points coming to ya. I used $180 and am still getting $77 coming back to me to use in the future.

Ordered...worst case scenerio is that I cancel it if I have too..I just think these wont sell out for a little while...but I have every environment and would hate to miss this one...

This might even be to scale with Minas Tirith or Morgul?....hmmm

Back