Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does WETA do when pre-ordering?

Do they charge your CC on the spot or when the item is shipped?

It was delayed from today to "end of next week". New updates will come next monday with the newsletter.

Thanks I though it was up going to be up for pre-order today....

:( :( :(
I hope they will get well soon.

On Shadow and Flame forums:

"Hi Everyone

Sorry, we need to delay the launch of Barad-dur, due to some serious staff sickness issues.

We will not be launching on 31 July. We hope to launch at the end of next week. I will update you on Monday. We will send out a newsletter with the details a few days beforehand

Apologies

Kind regards

Tim "

I just think it would cheapen the look and feel of the environment. There were flames in moria and yet I wouldn't want fake plastic flames shooting out from that environment. Just my opinion. :monkey1

If not done right it could. I trust weta that they could do it but I don't think there will be an issue as I don't believe they're doing one. Which is fine by me as the piece looked great at comic-con

I have the Danbury Mint Barad-Dur and it does look very nice. My only negative would be the colors used. While I like the idea, they could have been a little more subdued.

Considering that it cost $100 bucks and had the light-up feature on the eye (actually changes colors and not just one red LED), it is an amazing collectable. But Weta's is simply larger in scale and higher in fidelity of details. But it will also come with a significantly higher pricing as well. If Weta's BD is very expensive, I will be quite happy with my DM one.

I have the Danbury Mint Barad-Dur and it does look very nice. My only negative would be the colors used. While I like the idea, they could have been a little more subdued.

Considering that it cost $100 bucks and had the light-up feature on the eye (actually changes colors and not just one red LED), it is an amazing collectable. But Weta's is simply larger in scale and higher in fidelity of details. But it will also come with a significantly higher pricing as well. If Weta's BD is very expensive, I will be quite happy with my DM one.

WELL SAID!!!! :clap

Sorry to use this thread, but maybe someone knows where I can find inhand pics of the mines of moria environment.

Thx

Found this in the Barad-dûr thread on The Shadow and Flame:

cur8sg3f.jpg

That looks incredible.

Newsletter is here! Still no mention about edition size or price though... :huh

Barad-dûr - Fortress of Sauron

We apologise for having delayed the launch of Barad-dûr - Fortres of Sauron. It was a decision we had to make due to staff illness.

The good news is that we can confirm a date and time for the launch of this spectacular environment.

As always, we try to accommodate as many as possible of you and have therefore chosen the following launch time:

Los Angeles: Sunday 5 August at 1PM
New York: Sunday 5 August at 4PM
London: Sunday 5 August at 9PM
Paris: Sunday 5 August at 10PM
Sydney: Monday 6 August at 6AM
Wellington: Monday 6 August at 8AM

lotr_enviro_barad_dur.jpg

We have spent a lot of time and effort preparing our site for an onslaught, and there are also things you can do to ensure a smooth launch.

We have put together a guide to how you can get the best experience on the day.

Note: The link provided in the newsletter doesn't seem to work now but I leave in in in case it gets live later on.

I agree...there is nothing wrong with owning the DM version..

Not at all, I am wondering on what if the suspect cost on this bad boy might be??

As far a edition size I think WETA will sell as many as needed, I really do not think it will be a very limited piece........

Back