Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the point of Shogun world except to repeat beats. Its like a parallel universe -- OK, got it, do we need an entire episode to show that?

And now Thandie has an army. OK. Use it! Let's go. This season is meandering to much. Everything done so far could have been in a single episode.

Yeah latest ep should have been called Filler World.

It was fun seeing them recognize their SW dopplegangers but both threads felt like slow stage-setting. And poor Dolores has become a bore IMO.

I think it will pick up and I like it in general but like many shows the need to fill a season can be obvious.

Yeah latest ep should have been called Filler World.

It was fun seeing them recognize their SW dopplegangers but both threads felt like slow stage-setting. And poor Dolores has become a bore IMO.

I think it will pick up and I like it in general but like many shows the need to fill a season can be obvious.

It's sad really. I liked the last episode, but the show has somewhat lost the charm of last season. I would have rather the second be focused on the different worlds in a simultaneous timeline manner.

I wanted to see the War... robots trying to hold their dear little false home... but they lose... and some escape into the real world... where they become vengeful terrorists.

I have to agree to some extent. I was pretty unsure during the first season as to what the purpose of the entire story/plot was, especially with younger William. And then, with the Arnold and Man in Black reveals at the end of the season, I was like “Seriously? I’m basically going to have to go back and watch the entire season so all the seemingly random storylines actually connect and make sense now?” And of course I never did because that seemed like work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hah, that describes my experience with this show aswell, although I probably didn't give it my full attention in the first place. I'm always browsing at the same time as watching shows.

I haven't watched an episode of S2. I dropped into this thread to catch the vibe and it's pretty much the same as I've been hearing in other places. There's too much great TV around nowadays. I enjoyed the first season but I'm not going to waste my time on this.

I get the sense the last 2eps will really flip things. But it’s been a slow build.

Rewatched the trailer for season 2: I wish this season was as epic as that trailer. Still good, but not great.

I wonder if Dolores is not really on yet-another loop. She's been handled by all the big players, Ford, Bernard, MIB. She's just so affected.

I have a feeling she's been playing Bernard all this time in those flashbacks and not what we have been lead to believe - that Arnold has been playing her.

She's been getting into Bernard's mind.

I have a feeling she's been playing Bernard all this time in those flashbacks and not what we have been lead to believe - that Arnold has been playing her.

She's been getting into Bernard's mind.

So wait - you're saying the flashbacks are Bernard, and not Arnold? Like she's playing Bernard with fake memories or it's actually Bernard (not Arnold) in the flashbacks set outside the park?

So wait - you're saying the flashbacks are Bernard, and not Arnold? Like she's playing Bernard with fake memories or it's actually Bernard (not Arnold) in the flashbacks set outside the park?

Could be... right?

He's programmed to go meet her as much as she's programmed to go meet him. It's just who went "conscious" first.

No, I think that's where Bernard's story is going. He's as important as she is to this whole story. He's struggling between his "human" input (Ford) programming and his "robot" input (Dolores) programming. A robot programming a robot is interesting. Ford might even be part of it ultimately. Maybe this is a counter to if Dolores goes rogue. A failsafe.

Back