Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mystery element feels more forced this year but other than that I’m enjoying it and really loved the last episode. The guy who plays Delos Sr. is awesome.

The mystery element feels more forced this year but other than that I’m enjoying it and really loved the last episode. The guy who plays Delos Sr. is awesome.

I agree that it felt like it was dragging out the "twists", but this week was full of a fair few nice reveals. Loved it.

Also, Peter Mullan is awesome. Great actor!

I agree that it felt like it was dragging out the "twists", but this week was full of a fair few nice reveals. Loved it.

Also, Peter Mullan is awesome. Great actor!

He was awesome in Ozark and Harry Potter too.

I need to look him up. He's got that built-in intimidating demeanor but also watching him shake his ass to Do The Strand was glorious. :lol

Mullan2.gif

I liked Lost too but it definitely seemed aimless towards the end.

I’m ok with the pace right now. I loved Evan Rachel Wood in first season. Somehow, her portrayal this season hasn’t really clicked for me. I just hope this season isn’t a constant “we have to get out of the park” theme. Rodrigo Santoro is awesome too.

I liked Lost too but it definitely seemed aimless towards the end.

I’m ok with the pace right now. I loved Evan Rachel Wood in first season. Somehow, her portrayal this season hasn’t really clicked for me. I just hope this season isn’t a constant “we have to get out of the park” theme. Rodrigo Santoro is awesome too.

I think they’re already out, but I feel like the show is showing us how they got out

Finally got caught up on season 2 and episode 4 was definitely one of the best. My wife and I were both super bored and disinterested about halfway through the second episode but just watched the newest two. I enjoy the show but my main problem is that I just don’t care too much about any of the characters. I think that is partly because of the mysterious nature of the show, where we purposely don’t know a lot of backstory for a lot of the characters. And frankly I also just find it difficult to care about all the non-main host characters. I guess I would be part of the problem if I were a guest since they are all still just robots to me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked Shogun World in tonights episode even though they had to westernize it up a bit.Black leather on Mushashi's outfit.I liked the fact that they used excellent Japanese actors for the parts.Hiroyuki Sanda as Mushashi (last samurai and wolverine).Rinko Kikuchi as Akane (Mako from Pacific Rim).Tao Okamoto as Hanaryo the asskicker with the Bow (Mariko from wolverine).
They should dump everything else and do Shogun World.

It’s weird because I’m loving the way this show is unfolding, it’s definitely a different experience from season 1, but, in an odd way, the narrative is evolving. If Season 1 was about finding consciousness, Season 2 seems to be “what do you do with it once you find it?” I also love the way that newfound freedom has manifested itself and how independent each of the arcs are of one and other. Structurally, it really highlights the agency each of these characters now have when they all have different motivations and different paths they’re on.

Shogun World was an incredible spectacle and I enjoyed every moment of it, but I also loved last week’s episode exploring the “legacy” of James Delos. It kind of ties into Aketecha’s line that “you’re only alive as long as the last person who remembers you.” There are so many questions about consciousness and identity and, frankly, being that are raised with that premise. The idea of the Delos duplicates rejecting reality becomes increasingly interesting when you juxtapose them against what we’re seeing with the other hosts. Are they rejecting reality because they’ll never be capable of copying the real thing? Or are they doing so because, behind all of that programming urging them to be James Delos, they are all independently conscious?

The big question for me is: what’s the endgame? The notion of them “creating immortality” doesn’t really sink in when the person they’re “copying” is dead. They’re not living forever, you’ve just created a glorified Xerox of the real thing. That makes me wonder if, perhaps, what they were doing with Delos wasn’t an early attempt at something else before they switched gears. Mainly, if the goal is to live forever, wouldn’t it make sense to pair human consciousness with host physiology? I think that would be an interesting twist; if what we saw at the end of Season 1 was Ford, technically, “dying,” but if he was alive in a different sense as a sort of host/human hybrid.

I have no idea what’s going on anymore and I’m having a hard time paying attention. Feels like work.

I have no idea what’s going on anymore and I’m having a hard time paying attention. Feels like work.

I have to agree to some extent. I was pretty unsure during the first season as to what the purpose of the entire story/plot was, especially with younger William. And then, with the Arnold and Man in Black reveals at the end of the season, I was like “Seriously? I’m basically going to have to go back and watch the entire season so all the seemingly random storylines actually connect and make sense now?” And of course I never did because that seemed like work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I loved the 1st season and thought there were plenty of great possibilities for the 2nd. I just feel like the writers have gotten lost in their own maze.

I adored S1, but I'm feeling so weird about S2. I'm getting "trying too hard" vibes - it feels convoluted for the sake of ~ART~ or...something...? I don't think it's difficult to understand. It's just messy.

I dunno. Can't quite put my finger on what my issue with S2 is. I'm just not enjoying it very much. S1 felt like a fascinating, complex, intelligent show, and S2 feels like a show that's trying to look intelligent and complex.

Back