Well oil is cheap again, so where are those $49.99 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolocke

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that oil has been steadily going down for the past 2 months, I would like to know what excuses we will see for the price hike on the 12 inch Star Wars figures. It seemed the Premium Format's stayed about the same price even when oil was at an all time high so when will we get our cheaper figures again?(even though i'm not sure polystone includes any type of oil it still had to get over to the USA which would include fuel surcharges) Not to mention the US dollar is doing much better against the Hang Sang which I'm guessing Sideshow pays the Chinese in US dollars so are they going to pass those savings on to us or keep gouging us with $70 Hasbro upgrades? I think that if the 12 inch were back at the $49.99 price point more people would be not only ordering more but also cancelling less. :emperor

Nothing ever gets cheaper.

But before we bash companies, how many employees offer to get paid less when the business they work for starts doing badly.

The days of $49.99 figures are long gone, I'm afraid.

There are many different factors that go into pricing Oil being one of them but by no means the only one. That is a idea that everyone pretty much already knows. I would be happy with plateau pricing where it doesn't go up or raise for a while but looking for them to come down probably is a hoop dream

nothing's going down in price. never gonna happen. i could care less about figure prices. i want grocery prices to go down. who the hell wants to pay $4 for a freakin' box of Wheat Thins. it's a ^^^^ing joke.

Well I was using oil as the excuse for the price increase. I just would like to know why the hell we are paying $30 bucks more a figure with even less accessories. People are ^^^^^in and moaning about cancelling figures, well maybe Sideshow has tapped this market and needs to come down on the prices a bit. Most will disagree with this but Ebay actually is a median price people are willing to pay for things and these figures are worth about 1/3 of their price.

Products, food, postage all went up because price of fuel went up. Now that fuel is down, do you really think those companies are going to lower prices back or rake in that profit that the oil companies had?

i work for Kraft foods. we're not lowering our prices that's for sure. we run alot of pre-priced products where the price is printed on the package. we dont even have those SKU's in the system anymore. we've raised prices on some products by more than a dollar in the last few years.

Products, food, postage all went up because price of fuel went up. Now that fuel is down, do you really think those companies are going to lower prices back or rake in that profit that the oil companies had?

That's the point i'm trying to make. It pisses me off. :rotfl

Don't forget currency exchange rates...

China Yuan Rnminbi CNY
Nov 18, 2006 - 1 USD = 7.8720000000 CNY
Nov 18, 2008 - 1 USD = 6.8305001263 CNY

Figure costs 400 CNY
2006 $50.81
2008 $58.56
15% increase

Japan Yen JPY
Nov 18, 2006 - 1 USD = 117.7250000000 JPY
Nov 18, 2008 - 1 USD = 96.3554691289 JPY

Figure costs 18000 JPY
2006 $152.90
2008 $186.81
22% increase

But before we bash companies, how many employees offer to get paid less when the business they work for starts doing badly.

https://www.bubbasbase.com/storename/bubbasbasement/ViewDept-163178.aspx

New DML figs for around $40. Clothing and gear is nicer than SS's.

I don't buy this s@#$ they're trying to sell us. HT gets a pass with me because when you get one in your hands it's truly mind-blowing and remarkable stuff.

SS is a wannabe high-end 1:6 company. They're selling 21st Century Toys quality figures at prices close to those of HT.

It's bulls#$%...

https://www.bubbasbase.com/storename/bubbasbasement/ViewDept-163178.aspx

New DML figs for around $40. Clothing and gear is nicer than SS's.

I don't buy this s@#$ they're trying to sell us. HT gets a pass with me because when you get one in your hands it's truly mind-blowing and remarkable stuff.

SS is a wannabe high-end 1:6 company. They're selling 21st Century Toys quality figures at prices close to those of HT.

It's bulls#$%...

They also don't have to pay a licensing fee that SS is for Star Wars either. :rolleyes:

Why is this thread in the Star Wars section?

On topic, I believe that figure companies can now argue that the price is high because of the factory closings in China. There will always be a reason for increases. Nothing ever goes down.

If you work for Delta Airlines, This is asked of the front line employees all the time.

Back