Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake: Show Us Some JASON!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vid as always Joe :) Much appreciated. Loved the video of your collection you did too.

Where did you pick up the lighting? As i'd be tempted to get some for my own cabinet.
Thanks man. There are several brands out there that are similar. I bought mine from Lowes but Ikea and Home Depot carry them as well or at least ones like it.

That is a beautiful base, congrats!

Small update with my mannequin: I realized that the real axe would be way too heavy for the hands, and it was technically the wrong axe as well. I bought this foam axe hand from night haunt ($32) and a wood handle from lowes for $10. The handle was a ***** to weather because it came with varnish/laquer/shellac on it, not sure which. I sanded it, used lacquer thinner which made it super sticky so that's why I think it was shellac lol, re-sanded, and then stained. I think it came out pretty decent. Gotta buy varnish to add depth. Might add blood.

Looks okay? :dunno:

WPpor0m.jpg
ojQc2uf.jpg

My latest vid showing the 1/6 Barn Base done by Custom Horror Base for Betomatali's Jason 3D figure.

Nice setup Ron old buddy.

I wonder if anyone would do a 'Jason hanging from the chain pose' but I can understand no-one wanting to risk their beautiful Beto Jason figure.

That is a beautiful base, congrats!

Small update with my mannequin: I realized that the real axe would be way too heavy for the hands, and it was technically the wrong axe as well. I bought this foam axe hand from night haunt ($32) and a wood handle from lowes for $10. The handle was a ***** to weather because it came with varnish/laquer/shellac on it, not sure which. I sanded it, used lacquer thinner which made it super sticky so that's why I think it was shellac lol, re-sanded, and then stained. I think it came out pretty decent. Gotta buy varnish to add depth. Might add blood.

Looks okay? :dunno:

View attachment 120048
View attachment 120049

Looking good pal.

Looking good pal.

I think you'll agree that the varnish was a good idea, definitely makes the axe look hell of a lot better. I think I'll leave it like this.

Fixed the blood. Wasn't dark enough first time around and looked too neat.

dunyba7y.jpg

Attachments

• 1HD8f1p.jpg
    1HD8f1p.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 231
So I got my new set of hands today for Jason 1/1, and realized that the hole the axe is supposed to fit in the hand, is too small (why advertise it as a hand for a hand axe or knife if the hole would only fit a thin broom handle??? hand axe would still be too big). Originally, the company sent me a "trigger" hand for a gun... I'll be using this hand in combination with one of the newer hands [which will be ripped to hold the axe, unfortunately]...

I've run into a small problem though. The axe handle is STILL too heavy for these foam hands. I can use a smaller wood dowel shoved into the hand which will act against the handle, however I have to find a way to connect the dowel to the mannequins arm...I think I know what to do.

So complicated to make this 1/1 work, and that's partly my fault for trying to shove a complicated pose into the mannequin! Could have just done Jason and a machete look but that's so boring :p

Might have to go back to the drawing board, the foam hands couldn't support the weight (2 lbs????), and they ripped. I have absolutely no idea how this happened, and this is really disappointing. If anything, the mannequin's arms should have just fallen down instead of completely ripping the hands.

https://tinypic.com/r/2e31pwj/8
https://tinypic.com/r/20hq61x/8

God damnit. No idea what to do now.

Yah I just bought the Rubies axe. The head will be removed and will be replaced with the foam one I got. I'll have to see the handle in person but I'll most likely repaint it. I'll have to research painting wood-like texture.

I went from real axe, to semi-real axe, now to completely fake axe.

Hands have been repaired with glue, so they still look "okay".

That's to bad DarkMario did you paint you mannequin's hands the skin tone looks great. How did you do them if you did?

Nah I didn't paint them. Dapper Cadaver is the site where I ordered from. I asked them to paint it between "pale" and "tan". It's a bit too tan but I think it works for Jason.

Hopefully the ripped hands will hold up to the fake axe handle...hopefully it's light!

Jason Goes to Hell

p6180064.jpg

p6180031h.jpg

Part 8 is completly updated since this pic, got an all gloss wet finish to the clothes and the stitches and buttons are all the same coloer as out fit - very happy with out come- plus a fully new re paint on arms and exposeing skin area, and mask - wow the mask looks insane - caint wait to show you guys but ur gonna ave to be ready to be blown away, SO HOLD ON TIGHT

p8041109.jpg

p8041159.jpg

p8041072.jpg

p8041071.jpg

p8041073.jpg

p8041064.jpg

p8041066.jpg

Last edited:
Im slowly but surely getting there with my part 7 . I used the SS suit on a ACI andrew body and repainted it made the head ball joint sculpted the arms and neck fixed the broken rib on the chest because I didn't like it missing . Now just have to weather the clothes uploadfromtaptalk1405846471795.jpg

Jason Goes to Hell

p6180064.jpg

p6180031h.jpg

Part 8 is completly updated since this pic, got an all gloss wet finish to the clothes and the stitches and buttons are all the same coloer as out fit - very happy with out come- plus a fully new re paint on arms and exposeing skin area, and mask - wow the mask looks insane - caint wait to show you guys but ur gonna ave to be ready to be blown away, SO HOLD ON TIGHT

p8041109.jpg

p8041159.jpg

p8041072.jpg

p8041071.jpg

p8041073.jpg

p8041064.jpg

p8041066.jpg

Nice! Always liked Jason Goes to Hell. I love the detail on the machete/axe. How'd ya do that? I'm curious. I'm still not satisfied with my 1/1 axe and would like to do something like that :)

Im slowly but surely getting there with my part 7 . I used the SS suit on a ACI andrew body and repainted it made the head ball joint sculpted the arms and neck fixed the broken rib on the chest because I didn't like it missing . Now just have to weather the clothes View attachment 121585
Looking good philly...now that you know some of my secrets for the trimmer weapon, I hope to see yours completed soon.

I have a new part 7 and part 8 that's coming from One that is going to rock!! Pics of them as soon as I get them.

phillydon21 awesome work on that Part VII jason. Love it!!!

Updated my Remake Jason with the Beto sculpt. Thanks to Papito for the sculpt. It was painted and haired by Steven G. but I retouched the paint and remade the hair completely to be more to my liking.

I will have full pics once he is completely done.

IMG_0945_zps886207e2.jpg

IMG_0948_zpsca5702ad.jpg

IMG_0950_zps8d2ded56.jpg

IMG_0944_zps53e49dd4.jpg

Back