Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake: Show Us Some JASON!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Unfortunately I ****ed it up yesterday thanks to nail polish. So I completely repainted the axe head again and added blood... Again. Spent way too many hours on this lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Maybe you should slow down a bit buddy and leave it alone for a few days and recharge your batteries?

Then go at it again with a fresh, clear perspective.

Nahh I'm one of those perfectionists where it will bother me until it's complete to my satisfaction :)

I finished it a little bit earlier and I'm finally glad with the results. I even added a blood mark in the middle of the head like part 4

https://www.imgur.com/F1R0lCU.jpeg

Nahh I'm one of those perfectionists where it will bother me until it's complete to my satisfaction :)

I finished it a little bit earlier and I'm finally glad with the results. I even added a blood mark in the middle of the head like part 4

https://www.imgur.com/F1R0lCU.jpeg

:lol

Looking forward to seeing it.

You quoted it! Didn't want to show it as an actual image, I think I've spammed this thread enough with just an ordinary fake axe :)

I recently made a new axe for my custom Jason. To my surprise there is no proper 1:6 version available, and the Sideshow axes all look like crap.
I forgot to take a before picture of the axe I used, so I only have a stock photo of that. I modified the head a bit, and dremelled the grip thinner in specific places to achieve that slight curvature later. Then I sculpted over it with milliput for the correct shape, and sanded it smooth when it dried. Some paint and voilà.

Before:
mw-AG2YvtUVXHHJ84EOMZTg.jpg

After dremelling and sculpting the grip:
IMG_8787_2_small.jpg

Final:
IMG_8793_2_small.jpg

IMG_8799_2_small.jpg

:clap: good work! Love that brush cutter.

Alright, so I've almost finished my axe for my 1/1. I think I've spent more time on this stubborn axe nonsense than the actual mannequin itself. Anyways, like Agonistes, I bought a ****** plastic axe from Rubies, and I also forgot to take a photo of how it looked, so here's a stock photo:

209995-jason-axe.jpg

I removed the axe head cause it was a piece of ****, and replaced it with the foam one I recently painted. Then the actual work came down to re-painting this handle. Primered and used rustoleum nutmeg as a base. Then I used a combination of dry brushing and watered down acrylic to give it that aged wood look. I think I actually did quite well. It doesn't look like plastic, at least I hope it doesn't!! The only thing left is to cut off that very top part of the axe handle, add an actual piece of wood, and call it a day. Maybe add blood to the handle.

How'd I do?

Axe1.jpg
Axe2.jpg

Thanks Amstel! I'm hoping my DSS mask arrives today so I can at least see how it will look in the end!

Here's a sneak peak, the arms need to be fixed a bit but you should see how it looks so far! Ignore the messy room!

Jason Sneak Peak.jpg

I can't ignore your messy room! Pick up that plastic bag off the floor! :lol

Hey! That looks amazing! Good job on the finger nails! :hi5: Small details are very important to add to the figures. You are coming along really great with this 1:1 Jason. Impressive. I can't wait to see the complete figure. :clap

So I got the DSS mask (it's AMAZING) in the mail and ran into a slight problem, the skin tones really contrast between the mask and the hands. The mask has the perfect skin color, but the hands are WAY too tan. Other than that, the 1/1 looks okay. I need to fix his arms and fluff him more to make him look bigger, but I think it's coming along? :dunno: feeling iffy. Going to touch up the blood on the mask too, to make it more smeared. Paul surprised me by adding hair!! When I asked him, he said $90 (LOL WHAT?) but now that I look back on it, he must have been sarcastic!

If anyone has suggestions for the hands, some kind of special paint or make up or something, lemme know. I'm going to ask Paul what kind of paints he uses.

Edit: Paul basically offered to have him re-paint the hands. I'll see what he charges and go from there.

3ZOL4ic.png

vhMZ1MV.jpg

Yep definitely need to pack him in a little bit more especially around the shoulders and upper body. Maybe tailor the sleeves to get them shorter on the arms. Yeah you would need to repaint the hands and make it pale looking.

The mask looks so cool!

You are coming along great so far, just needing to fix some small details that I mentioned.

Pauls gonna attempt to paint the arms. He says it might not sticky because it's poly foam but it's been painted already so it should adhere to the paint already on it... Hopefully. He said if it fails he'll refund me minus shipping. Worth the gamble. I'm sending an extra hand with a similar color for him to test on.

Definitely gotta fix the shoulders and chest/abs. What about the sleeves? Making them shorter? Hmmm.

Yeah if you want to make it as accurate as possible to the movie version. In the part 3 the shirt he had on was maybe two size smaller. You would notice the cuffs part of the sleeves barely reach his wrists and when he raised his weapon the sleeves goes up to the middle of his forearms. It's just an suggestion. Doesn't mean you have to do it. :) I hope the painting on the arms will succeed.

Maybe I'll just buy a large sized Dickies shirt (or medium???). I've noticed the XL is actually too big, probably due to the mannequin's size being smaller than anticipated. If anyone wants an XL Part 3 shirt that's slightly weathered, hit me up. Could be used for a costume :) This way my OCD with the removed flap will be solved as well >_>

Back