Weak Chest Light on Hot Toys Iron Man...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveFlack

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive me if this shouldn't have warrented it's own thread. I'm not sure what the mood here at this forum is yet.

Anyway, I just picked up the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III from a local import toy shop in NYC, and I love it, but the chest light on mine seems a bit weak, especially compared to the blinding brightness of the two hand lights (the eyes barely light up when it is turned on). I'm wondering if this a problem that I can fix without having to try and exchange it. New batteries perhaps? Anybody else run into this problem.

Thanks!

what shop in NYC did you get it from?

probably needs new batteries.

I would switch out the batteries... if that doesn't work than return it. The chest and eyes are very bright on mine.

Quick question... was the figure opened/displayed before you bought it?

How long has it's lights been used?

These batteries ain't that big, it's like the equivalent of 3 watch batteries. That'll probably drain fast with these lights.

irmk3bez2.jpg

Ah Toytokyo...aren't most of their stuff overpriced? never been there.

Just use the batteries from the arms and test them for the chest lights instead of going to the store to buy new batteries :)

Like nash said, test it by swapping over batteries first. A piece of the plastic, that's to stop battery drainage while in transport, may have broken off inside reducing conductivity.

I haven't read that the Ironman has this problem, but one of their other figures suffered from the battery compartment being a tad too big. Using some aluminium foil to fill that gap might help conductivity, if that happens to be the problem.

If you can't fix it, with a simple solution, return it to Toy Tokyo and get a replacement before they sell out. The sooner the better.

Just use the batteries from the arms and test them for the chest lights instead of going to the store to buy new batteries :)

The batteries in the arms are smaller. I'm quite sure of it looking at the pic, as I haven't opened up the chambers yet.

The batteries in the arms are smaller. I'm quite sure of it looking at the pic, as I haven't opened up the chambers yet.

You could be right, ive never had to open the panels to take them out so I dont know for sure either. just assumed they'd be the same size.

The first thing you should do is open the back battery cover, check if the batteries are installed correctly, and reinsert the batteries before trying the lights again. Trial and error. A lot of people jump to conclusions without first thinking of the simplest steps to solution

Probably.. Mainly because selling things is a hassle..

What do you think the Stark head is worth.. Thats something I's probably never use..

nah ive seen people sell theirs for $185 shipped here on this forum and it only lasted less than a day.

stark head...probably from $30-$45 i assume?

What do you think the Stark head is worth.. Thats something I's probably never use..

nah ive seen people sell theirs for $185 shipped here on this forum and it only lasted less than a day.

stark head...probably from $30-$45 i assume?

Back