We want our Dave Prowse back!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Dave Prowse at a convention. His head is ____in HUGE compared to the rest of him

oh i know, dragoncon was where i got him to sign my hasbro silver anniversary DV fig.....:rock......but still..........to miss the mecca of star wars event is a missed opportunity of some serious coin for him.

Not really. Hamill charged $100 a sig at WonderCon two years ago and his line was ridiculous with people getting 3 and 4 sigs (easily walked away with $100+k). Prowse could easily do the same since his appearances are limited.

I like going to signings and all...but Prowse probably isn't worth the trouble for Lucasfilm anymore. I don't blame them for not booking him anymore at conventions or appearances. These 2 parties had to go their separate ways at some point, unfortunately...it's the fans that get hit the hardest.

Doesn't he get royalties for ANH and ESB?

So Anthony Daniels is not a pleasant person?

He was fine with me. Whenever I approach the actors getting my autographs I just never talk Star Wars. I just tell them I appreciate them coming out and doing this and to ask how their day has been. I think they appreciate that sort of care more than, "OMG! You're C-3PO!!!!" Like how many times do you think he hears that a day? I just try to keep it personal and low-key and shake their hand in thanks and all.

I would think after many many hours of doing that you tend to get a bit tired talking to hundreds of people. I just try to think of what it would be like in their shoes at that time of day and the questions they must get asked, only I think of that with having far less money in my pocket than they leave with!

If I was getting paid that well per signature I'd be pretty bright and cheery, hahah!

So Anthony Daniels is not a pleasant person?

I met him once, and I'd call his personality 'Curt.' During the 1 minute face-to-face, he asked me to step out of light, arms and hands to my sides and argued over the color of the marker I asked him to use...not rude, just intense....LOL

I was sweating when I left his table

I really don't care what Prowse did. It didn't hurt the Star wars brand or Lucas' pocketbook in any way. He's just as much Darth Vader as Peter Meyhew is Chewbacca. Lucas just needs to get over himself.

I really don't care what Prowse did. It didn't hurt the Star wars brand or Lucas' pocketbook in any way. He's just as much Darth Vader as Peter Meyhew is Chewbacca. Lucas just needs to get over himself.

You could make the same case for Prowse getting over himself years ago. Mayhew, Bulloch, Kenny Baker and Ray Park all had their voices dubbed and faces hidden while playing iconic characters. None of them had to sign their name "Jeremy Bulloch IS Boba Fett," etc.

But James earl jones is ALWAYS recognized as Vader. You ask any joe average who is Darth Vader they'd say James earl jones. I know he's more famous. And vader is more important to the saga than Boba. If you felt that you were overlooked for such an Iconic Character, would'nt you want to remind people?

Is he supposed to say: "oh yeah, I was Darth Vader." or "YES. I was Darth Vader." People seem to enjoy bicthing about Harrison for having a "Yeah, I was Han solo" attitude when they think he should just be bubbling over with excitement about it every single time it's mentioned. It seems as though Prowse has always been treated as a prop and forgotten about. Is it his ego that makes him spend his own money to go and see fans? I remember seeing him in the vendor room at C1. seemed to be an aproachable guy.
He's one of the seven actors left that were chosen to play in STAR WARS. I mean, thats why we are all hear talking about it. 5-25-77 star wars, Darth vader the most badass villain ever. He walked onto that ship and everyone just sat there in awe. And that was Dave Prowse. Yaeh it wasn't allot of acting but the Body language made it work and that was him.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

There's a lot of love for the guy, even if it won't do any good, let's take a few minutes to get this petition signed. At the very least, it will let Big Dave know we're thinking of him! It's the fans that have made Star Wars what it is, I'm still a firm believer in one small voice starting something big!

D
:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

People seem to enjoy bicthing about Harrison for having a "Yeah, I was Han solo" attitude when they think he should just be bubbling over with excitement about it every single time it's mentioned. It seems as though Prowse has always been treated as a prop and forgotten about.

Well its not like Prowse has the same claim to the character of Vader that Ford does to Han Solo. No one other than SW diehards know who Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, and Jeremy Bulloch are anyway. Prowse got the same screen credit as all of them.

But James earl jones is ALWAYS recognized as Vader. You ask any joe average who is Darth Vader they'd say James earl jones. I know he's more famous. And vader is more important to the saga than Boba. If you felt that you were overlooked for such an Iconic Character, would'nt you want to remind people?

Is he supposed to say: "oh yeah, I was Darth Vader." or "YES. I was Darth Vader." People seem to enjoy bicthing about Harrison for having a "Yeah, I was Han solo" attitude when they think he should just be bubbling over with excitement about it every single time it's mentioned. It seems as though Prowse has always been treated as a prop and forgotten about. Is it his ego that makes him spend his own money to go and see fans? I remember seeing him in the vendor room at C1. seemed to be an aproachable guy.
He's one of the seven actors left that were chosen to play in STAR WARS. I mean, thats why we are all hear talking about it. 5-25-77 star wars, Darth vader the most badass villain ever. He walked onto that ship and everyone just sat there in awe. And that was Dave Prowse. Yaeh it wasn't allot of acting but the Body language made it work and that was him.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

Well, by that rational, Prowse is just an actor in a suit. Both he and Jones brought Vader to life. If you've ever heard Prowse giving Vader's lines, he sounds like a high-pitched pompous ass and is hardly the imposing persona Vader implies. I actually LOL'd watching the behind-the-scenes when he said his lines, undubbed, to Fisher. So it takes both him and Jones to give the demanded impact, and I think both have equal share in bringing Vader into his own.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YSm9DDxQv8E&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YSm9DDxQv8E&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back