We need orcs and goblins!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozin

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that when Sideshow steps up the 12" LotR series we get to see some orcs and goblins. I know my figures needs some badies to fight.

John

I'm really hoping that when Sideshow steps up the 12" LotR series we get to see some orcs and goblins. I know my figures needs some badies to fight.

John

Agreed one hundred percent--- but I'm hoping for some Uruk-Hai myself...

And don't forget these are Army Builders, so how about exclusive Extra/Alternate Heads, Helms or Weapons?

I'd love to see both goblins and orcs and trolls. i think it'll depend on how long they keep the liscence. if they keep it for another 5 years we might have 15-20 figures at the rate they're going right now and that will probably mean we've gotten some bad guys. maybe when the hobbit picks up speed they'll be a greater demand and ss will pick up the speed.

The only villain I really want right now is Saruman, and then the Nazgul. I can wait around a bit before we get orcs, and when we do, I'd prefer Mordor orcs to Uruk-hai myself. They're a bit more versatile as far as display options.

By the way, orcs are goblins; the term comes from "orch", the Sindarin word. :cool:

"Balin's Tomb" could indeed become to Lotr what the SS Jabba's Throne is to Star Wars collectors!

If we were to get an environment piece, I'd first want the Palantir at Orthanc, and then the Mirror of Galadriel. Moria would be great, but maybe the Doors would be a better set piece--though Balin's tomb would be sensational, don't get me wrong. I dunno, I just want MORE! And soon!

It's great we have the characters we've received and the little guys coming, but I keep feeling like we need more, something unique and Jabba's throne-like. Star Wars has creatures, droids, environments, even Holo-walkers. LOTR needs similarly unique pieces--maybe horses, ponies (Bill!), etc. Orcs are just the beginning!

Absolutely. In fact, I have been begging for the Doors of Durin as a Diorama since they announced that line, I feel the doors themselves have really been skipped over as any kind of product, by any company actually.

As to the rest, my wallet may regret me saying this but:

Bring it on!!!!

A cave troll would be sweet. They already did his hammer in 1/6 as a freebie a while ago.

I'd love to see some weapons sets as well, especially since I do a lot of 1/6 fantasy stuff, those would be usable for other customs.

John

It's great we have the characters we've received and the little guys coming, but I keep feeling like we need more, something unique and Jabba's throne-like. Star Wars has creatures, droids, environments, even Holo-walkers. LOTR needs similarly unique pieces--maybe horses, ponies (Bill!), etc. Orcs are just the beginning!

Well put, Capt. Faramir. The LOTR line definitely needs something in the same scope as Jabba. I'm not sure if "Balin's Tomb" would be the ticket, as there's not much in that setup except for some stairs and... well... Balin's tomb. What would be the addon creature packs? Orc skeletons? The well with bucket and chains? But at least it would allow the "Fellowship Nine" to be displayed in one spot, though.

I think a better piece would be a Treebeard. At 1/6th scale it would be attractive to not only the 12" figure collectors but to those in the PF line. Plus, SS/Weta only provided a bust but this would be the whole Ent that everyone has clamored for. Finally, it would guarantee sales of Pippin and Merry. Those would be no brainers to place on top of Treebeard, and many would buy doubles in order to have them displayed alongside the Fellowship Nine as well.

Sadly, the pace with which Sideshow is introducing figures in this line makes me very doubtful that there will be anything comparable to Jabba's throne made for LOTR. At this point, I'd be happy just to know that we'll get the entire fellowship before the line peters out.

Peters out?!? NEVER! This line is far too beautiful to die! It may not be the best-seller that Star Wars is, but it's certainly the most beautiful--the costuming and detailing is matchless, and once we get the Hobbits it will start to have diversity too. This line is too good to die.

Back