We need modern Cyclops. He's important.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by recent kerfuffling by Sideshow, this needs to be done and needs to be 1/4 fully sculpted PF

LOL! How can SSC make a modern Cyke that is 1/4 scale when the whole modern X-MEN line is in 1/5 scale? Can't SSC see the mess they created by mixing the scales on their Com line? Who wouldn't want a modern Cyke in 1/4 scale? However, look at the problem this causes for the collectors that already purchased the 1/5 Colossus, Beast, and Nightcrawler Coms.

Think what he meant is SSC messed up with the modern X-Men in 1/5 and have 1/4 X-Men based on Jim Lee. So a new modern X-Men in 1/4 would be redundant.

So a new modern X-Men in 1/4 would be redundant.

Modern X-Men in 1/4 or 1/5 is better than no Modern X-Men :lecture

When did Sideshow ever say that they were phasing out 1/5?

If your interest in Comiquettes is because of the all-sculpture style, then take heart. You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats.

Last time I checked prioritize did not equal phasing out. Sideshow has always prioritized PFs over comiquettes if you think about it.

Think what he meant is SSC messed up with the modern X-Men in 1/5 and have 1/4 X-Men based on Jim Lee. So a new modern X-Men in 1/4 would be redundant.

Actually Mr Green, I'm saying....how do you display a 1/4 modern Cyclops with the rest of the 1/5 modern X-MEN line up? They won't make a fully sculpted 1/5 & 1/4 scale modern Cyclops. So if you have the 1/5 modern X-MEN Com line up, you need a 1/5 scale modern Cyke to go with the line to have it look uniform. The confict comes into play if you are a 1/4 fully sculpted fan. You are practically forced to eat the 1/5 Com if you know they won't make a fully sculpted 1/4 scale modern Cyclops.

When a 1/5 modern Cyke gets made, you will see an uproar from people that want it in 1/4 scale. Especially if the piece looks great. I just can't understand why a business would create such a problem for it's customers. The PF fan has a display that is all 1/4 scale. That fan doesn't want to mix in 1/5 statues. A Com fan is forced to display 2 different scales. If SSC just made All Coms 1/5 then PF fans could just pass on the statue because they know a 1/4 piece will be released sooner or later. A fully sculpted fan doesn't have that option. They can't pass on a 1/5 Com because there is no guarentee a fully sculpted 1/4 piece will be made. That causes nothing but display headaches for a fully sculpted fan. It also costs SSC tall $$$ because many of it's PF customers refuse to buy 1/5 scale pieces. I can't believe that they insist on cranking out 1/5 pieces to their own (and customers) detriment.

It's unreal that SSC can't see how much money is lost in sales because they won't make ALL of their FS statues in 1/4 scale.

Last edited:
^ thought you didn't buy 1/4 PF's becuase they had fabric?

I almost never buy PFs. It is a very rare for me to buy one. Especially one that has an all cloth/spandex costume. I only have one PF now. It's the Mystique PF. I do have Joker PFs PO'd. He's not a muscle bound character and he's just wearing a suit. My biggest issue with PFs is the loss of muscle definition due to cheezy cloth costumes. The only other PF I want is Skaar. He just looks bad ass and there is no loss of muscle detail to the piece since he's not wearing much in the way of clothing.

What I ment about mixing lines is that if you are a PF fan, you may also buy Coms if they were made in 1/4 scale. This would generate more profit for SSC because then a fan of PFs won't pass on a Com because of scale issues.

I think most PF fans have no problem adding an awesome looking 1/4 fully sculpted piece to their collection. In some cases (Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Venom, and Carnage) they have no other choice. It is fully sculpted 1/4 fans like me that are sticklers about adding PFs to a mostly fully sculpted collection.

Last edited:
There are soooo many more deserving people to make first. We just got a 1/4 scale Cyclops... This should be a low priority IMO.

There are soooo many more deserving people to make first. We just got a 1/4 scale Cyclops... This should be a low priority IMO.

It's not a low priority to someone who is collecting the modern X-MEN Coms. What good is having those Coms without the leader of the X-MEN displayed with them? I didn't pick up the PF so the Com is a priority for me since I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan who doesn't care for clothing on my statues.

So which version does everyone prefer? Original Astonishing X-Men version or Utopia/Uncanny X-Men version?

Cyclopsjc.jpg

Original Astonishing X-Men is the version I want. :rock

I don't care if it's 1/4 or 1/5 really. I prefer fully sculpted. I guess it's easier to clean dust off polystone than cloth. And I just like a statue to be a statue.

1/4 scale is really really big. I think a little too big if the character is holding an arm up, or a weapon, or even standing on something. A 6 foot tall person (mutant w/e) would be 18 inches high head to toe in 1/4 scale standing erect. Holding up a gun, like Tychus Findlay? ~24-25 inches

I see it work for the Spider-man comiq because crouched up on a wall. Only other 1/4 scale ones I have are a Logan, he's a midget anyway and bent over. And a 1/4 scale Batman where he is crouching.

1/5 scale Diablo 3 Overthrown looks nice to me.

And I don't care about size, I'm not going to play with them like toys. I can understand how it might upset some people though, nice to have em' all lined up.

I m confused to buy Cyclops PF..... hope SS will come up with another cyclops

Back