We can stop asking SSC for Roy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't feel cheated bro, Sideshow gave us 8 awesome Voorhees figures, thats 5 more than the Terminator 2 figures they made. I think Sideshow went to the max with this line, sure i'd love a Roy but i'm really happy with the Voorhees figs I have!

What a SOLID line it was............

But why stop when Roy and a easy F13 8 Jason would complete the line?

It really is odd... I guess you'll have to buy scream scenes instead, although I doubt those will be completed either.

I was actually gonna try and see if I could do a custom run of a few Roy figures here on Freaks, so if this is the end... Let this be the solid offer... I can cast a Hock and make a custom head, blue coveralls are available, and it would be a done deal. :rock

But why stop when Roy and a easy F13 8 Jason would complete the line?

Good question, has anyone ever asked Sideshow? I'm sure the original 9 were in their original plans and nothing more. I truly believe all toy companies know exactly what they'll produce from day one, its like any type business, you present a line with a business plan and if approved you execute it.

if that Mezco piece is mixed media, but static, then SS's license may very well still be in place for the 1:6 articulated pieces..

It really sucks if Sideshow let this license slip away before completing the line with a mere 2-3 figures (Roy, Part 8, and Uber Jason).

I was actually gonna try and see if I could do a custom run of a few Roy figures here on Freaks, so if this is the end... Let this be the solid offer... I can cast a Hock and make a custom head, blue coveralls are available, and it would be a done deal. :rock

If SSC won't (or can't) do it - then I'm in for one as well.

A Roy or part 8 for SDCC is a great idea, I think. Because the causal fan who may of bought some of the others won't want a Roy, just the die hards like us, so a limited version would be good.

I am sorry for asking this question, but I am not a big video game palyer. If I may, Who is Roy?

I relates to the Firday the 13th Movie A New Beginning. I posted a synopsis that explains it, but be warned it pretty much spoils any surprise if you haven't seen the movie.

Warning, 23 year old spoiler ahead :lol
After years of being shuffled around various mental institutions, Tommy Jarvis has now been placed in the Pinehurst halfway house, one that is unique because it runs off an honor system. It is not made clear what happened to Tommy's sister, Trish, following the events of the previous film, but he apparently has no contact with her. Shortly after arriving, one of the patients murders another and is arrested. Soon afterwards, a series of murders begin to occur around the area. With Jason Voorhees dead, the identity of the assailant remains unknown. As the killings continue, the already strained mind of Tommy is plagued with memories of Jason. When the killer makes himself visible to the last few left in the halfway house, Tommy confronts what appears to be Jason, returned from the grave. However, when the killer lies dead and unmasked, it is revealed to be Roy Burns, a paramedic who had been using Jason's M.O. and identity to avenge the death of his son who was killed earlier at the halfway house. It is also revealed that Burns had placed his son up for adoption, and that he never knew him.

The final scene of this movie takes place in the hospital with Pam, the halfway house director, visiting Tommy as he recuperates. Tommy appears to be having delusions of Jason, and attacks Pam. Tommy then suddenly wakes up in his hospital bed, the previous attack having been a dream. He then walks to a dresser in the room, and pulls out a hockey mask. Pam then walks into Tommy's room to find Tommy gone, with the window smashed open, making it appear as though Tommy has run away. However, as the door closes behind Pam, Tommy is revealed, wearing the hockey mask, preparing to attack Pam, leaving the conclusion open-ended.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the enlightment. It was not video game related. My bad, sorry.

Still no official word from Sideshow :monkey2

Did anybody else ask about Jason with the "Ask Sideshow" form?

Shai did, said they still have the license. Then only made reference to the scream scenes, not 1/6, so who knows?

Words fail me...

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

SSC haven't lost the licence. They DO still intend to finish up the line but it's just not a priority right now.

We will see Roy eventually. Maybe SDCC Exc. this year? Who knows...

once a film is announced, you can bet SSC will be on the ball to get a figure made to release in conjunction with it. Until then .....

Back