Media WB Games Announcement coming March 8th - Presumably Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, things aren't looking great for an Arkham announcement today. I hope WBM pulls a trailer out of their ass before today is over but at this point I'm not hopeful.

Oh what the heck, sneaky WB using the Origins font + colors for a LOTR announcement. :lol

I cant find an official announcement from WB so i hope this is not correct info :panic:

Looks like we may be getting a new Batman game after all (big surprise, I know :lol).

https://www.arkhamverse.com/news/2017/03/confirmed-batman-at-e3-2017/

From the article:

"We’ve been dealing with rumours of a new Batman game for quite a while, but if this report can
be believed, it seems like the predicted reveal date of E3 2017 may well prove to be accurate.

Costa Rican Up2Play magazine have uploaded a series of images that show the exhibitors
coming to E3 this June and the games that they will showcase.

As you can see from the image below, Up2Play report that WB Games will be showing off
Shadow of War and a new Batman game for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The asterisk also suggests that this will be announced at the expo, but it is possible that the
game will receive an announcement trailer prior to this (with the convention set aside for
gameplay and interviews).

E3_2017_Batman-596x600.png

It’s interesting that it is listed as ‘Batman’ and not ‘Batman Arkham’; could this be an indication
that we’ll be seeing the rumoured Damian Wayne game? Will we see a sequel to Arkham Knight
or Arkham Origins? Time will tell."

I'm hoping for Origins 2. I don't want the Rocksteady ending "ruined", but I also want to see them explore new characters.

Last edited:
I'd love a prequel based on young Affleck's Bat. With Ben and Jeremy Irons doing the voicework.
This is...an interesting proposition. It would be an easy way for them to expand Affleck's world. This would take MASSIVE collusion with the film coordinators to retain continuity. Furthermore if they did it right, the cinematics could be released before the solo film for those who don't play games to still get the narrative. All of this gets too complex for the casual viewer/consumer, and that's the last thing WB needs for their DC universe. Plus they would be the first to integrally include a game into their narrative like that. I do really like this concept for a game, seeing that Affleck's Bat takes a lot of influence from the Arkham style. I've long said that the next truly successful (i.e. resonates with fans) film needs to be based in the Arkhamverse. It is, in essence, very cinematic.

Origins 2 would nice. I'd love to get more of Troy Baker's Joker. He did such a faithful job with inspiration from Hammil's.

Batman_Damian_Wayne_Batman_in_Bethlehem_0004.jpg

Not sure why so many don't want to see a Batman 666 game. The brutality of Damiens Batman alone could separate it a lot from the other Arkham games and the apocalyptic setting would be even better. Maybe they could even take some of the good parts of the Mad Max game and add them in like the vehicle combat and customization. The concept has great potential in my mind it would just be difficult to fit in line with the story from the other games.

Having seen WB's E3 schedule I don't know where they could even announce a surprise reveal of a new Arkham game. I really hope they pull a fast one and reveal something because I need anything Arkham related at his point, I'm tired of rumors.

Back