WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

I think it's both hilarious and cool that the guy that played Dukes in Semi-Pro is playing Rorshach. :lol :rock

2008_semi_pro_0271.jpg

Jackie Earle Haley was amazing in Little Children. He deserved his Oscar nomination. No doubt he will be an excellent Rorschach.

On chapter 3, loving it so far.

TOTALLY not what I was expecting!

Jackie Earle Haley was amazing in Little Children. He deserved his Oscar nomination. No doubt he will be an excellent Rorschach.
Gonna have to check this out. It's always great to see an actor go to opposite ends of the spectrum, from Dramas to comedies.

Yea, the movie seems to spur people into read the novel, which is great. It's kinda sad for our society thought, that the only way a person would read the book is that there is a movie about it.....:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sorry but this is not a book. This is a graphic novel (amazing, but just a glorified comic book). It's actually more sad they they are picking this up instead of a book.

Darth - I know, it's a little unsettling at times when a larger audience comes to what was before a niche audience who've been in on the "secret" for so much longer....LoTR is a good example of that.

On the plus side, I've not been a reader of "comics" since the 1960's when I was a kid (which is why I enjoy things like Ironman, Batman - they're old friends to me from my youth) - so had no inkling of what all this "graphic novels" thing was. Was kind of clued in when "300" came out last year (or at least clued in enough to actually go by a comic store and see the multitude of product available), but I didn't buy anything then - too much too choose from and no idea what was what. And that's probably what's happening with a lot of other folks - a new audience is coming forth, and that's not completely a bad thing.

I'm not likely to become a huge fan of this particular genre (mainly because I don't need even MORE books cluttering up my already overstuffed house!) but I was so intrigued by that trailer that I must see what this particular story is about. Who knows - I may become addicted! :angelsmil

Gonna have to check this out. It's always great to see an actor go to opposite ends of the spectrum, from Dramas to comedies.

Its a great movie, and his performace is chillingly creepy and tragic, and creepy.

Sorry but this is not a book. This is a graphic novel (amazing, but just a glorified comic book). It's actually more sad they they are picking this up instead of a book.

ah, but you see Watchmen is considered one the top 100 greatest novels ever, an amazing distinction since it is in fact a "glorified comic".

WATCHMEN is more than "just a glorified comic book" and I'd dare say better and more important than tons of actual novels out there.

Back