WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

DSCN4209.jpg

Josh's looks way better.

And Josh's Rorshach's mask looks more accurate and less cheap.

Josh's is great, but remember the DCD is a movie version and we have yet to see clear pics of the Rorschach costume from the film.

It would seem they're trying to convey how seedy the character is with the textured mask. I would prefer that the lines of the ink blot on the mask be crisper, but perhaps this is how the movie version looks, or perhaps they're still working on the best solution. Since these aren't likely to be out until March 09, they have a little bit of time to work on them.

Thanks a lot guys! I do appreciate the support. And I'm currently working on a solution to get that head cast, along with the hat... to help everyone get the Rorschach they really want.

I'm interested in what they do filmwise, because in the comics the mask was a latex material that was heat sealed and the "ink" changed constantly from the pressure of his face inside it. So I will be very interested to see how they realize that on film.

I know the only way I was able to make it happen for the custom was to just sculpt it and paint. No other way to make it look the right way... at least in my eyes. :duff

I don't care if DCD's version is the film version shrunk and realized, I'll take Josh's version anyday. I'll be happy to skip their version and wait for DAs.

That's a lot of costumes! This is my most anticipated movie of next year.

It's nice that such a cherished property is in such good hands.

I agree with you there, Tom... I'm so happy this license is in good hands. I cannot wait to see it in action. I'm sure I will have a geek out moment or two. :lol

Does look like its in good hands.
Liking the look of the comedians 2 costumes. Who was the guy with the Nazi sig on hi schest, i don't recall that guy.

Wow, that's a great picture! But I don't really need figures of the 1940s characters - those costumes are too cheesy.

Simply awesome..its obvious that it will be a movie made for the fans.I dont think it will have a great popular success, but being a fan of the Graphic Novel, I cant wait for this.

More news; Zach Snyder is reporting a running time of about 3 hours. There's also a straight to DVD full-length animated feature being made for "Tales of the Black Freighter".

https://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/2...ical-cut-4-12-hour-directors-cut-dvd-planned/

https://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/27/watchmens-minutemen-revealed-plus-running-time-talk/

This picture says it all for me. This might turn out to be the best super hero movie ever. I love how cheesy Gibbons made the 1940's heroes look. These costumes are dead on. Thankfully the look is there, hopefully the story will live up to the pics.

Every time I see something new, I feel more at ease. Unless something really gets screwed up, I doubt this movie is going to disappoint.

This picture says it all for me. This might turn out to be the best super hero movie ever. I love how cheesy Gibbons made the 1940's heroes look. These costumes are dead on. Thankfully the look is there, hopefully the story will live up to the pics.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Every time I see something new, I feel more at ease. Unless something really gets screwed up, I doubt this movie is going to disappoint.

I think it might disappoint Warner Bros. and maybe Alan Moore, but I don't think it will disappoint any fans. Snyder is pulling off a major coup by getting the studio to fund his little fanboy project.

It probably won't disappoint Moore because he will refuse to even watch it at all. Yes, he's that stubborn. Wait, is Bannister around? I mean to say Moore is that RECALICTRANT.

:p

I think it might disappoint Warner Bros. and maybe Alan Moore, but I don't think it will disappoint any fans. Snyder is pulling off a major coup by getting the studio to fund his little fanboy project.

Especially if he gets the 3 hour version that he wants. And to think that there might be a 4 1/2 hour director's cut sounds too good to be true.

Back