Statue WARNING! eBAY Stealth Iron Man useing my pic?! WTF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyberiantiger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought a venom off eBay. The guy used jays pics. Prolly because they were amazing pics :rock

Probably someone that just can't be bothered to take their own

They have crap feedback :lol. Thanks heads up either way :wave

I had a guy do that immediately after he bought the item from me. I took the pic for my auction on my old green couch in the basement. He bought from me and reused my same pic. I emailed him and he took it down. But I was like really? He was that lazy to just resue the same pic? wow.

This has happened to me before, as well (even though I'm no great photographer). You may have legal rights to force him to take it down if you want to spend the energy to do it.

On a sort of related note, EBay itself has actually changed its policies so that it owns any pics you use for an auction and allows others to use your pictures in future auctions. You have to manually "opt out" if you don't others to be allowed to use your pics that way.

if you get mad at people using your pics on ebay to sell their stuff then just put your name on your pics....easy fix...

Yeah, I did report it to ebay. This happened to me before when I was selling a predator bust... The person listed their item at the same time using the pics I took. Needless to say his item got booted. Not cool. I guess I should put some type of "watermark" on my pics in the future:dunno

Just sent the dude a msg too... can't hurt.

"Love the pic... looks familiar. (guess that's because I personally took it) Mind taking your own pic. & not using mine? Thanks!"

Sadly the pic he used is only located on this site... so he must be a member?

Guess the reason It bothers me the most is because I may sell mine on ebay one day & use that pic. I don't want anyone thinking I'm some kinda fraud if there is a chance they remember seeing it. Anyway, I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it... just thought I'd inform anyone incase he is a scammer.

Yeah, I did report it to ebay. This happened to me before when I was selling a predator bust... The person listed their item at the same time using the pics I took. Needless to say his item got booted. Not cool. I guess I should put some type of "watermark" on my pics in the future:dunno

I think ur pic has captured everything abt the statue. I hv considered bidding it .......

Looks like a good price, $400, for a stealth IM. I would prefer this over the IM Mark 4.

Problem is, I am not sure if its legit and I need to pay down my Credit Card.

Crapy description... new negative feedback... I don't think I would buy from him anyway.

Looks like the same guy relisted the same statue with the same pics. :lol WOW!!! Even after you emailed them, they STILL keep the pics up. Just wanted to give you a heads-up, Psy.

Looks like the same guy relisted the same statue with the same pics. :lol WOW!!! Even after you emailed them, they STILL keep the pics up. Just wanted to give you a heads-up, Psy.

Damn! Thanks... guess there is nothing ebay can (& will) do. I have yet to hear anything from ebay after i sent a report. Oh well... just as long as my ss freak friends know this guy is a potential fraud.

Back