Statue Warner Bros studio stores

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before ( I tried a search, my computer is dead -so I am working from a phone)
Does anyone remember some of the cool Batman ( etc) statues that the Warner Bros stores came out with? They had some great inexpensive statues, but I mean the more exclusive & expensive statues. I recall they had statues that were a physical recreation on some of the early Batman comic book covers - they sold for approx. $500 back around '95 or so. They were out of my $$ zone. I did p/u a pair of porcelain Batman & Robin statues from the animated series. Does anyone remember these, or was anyone lucky enough to purchase some of these treasures? I would love to see some pics of these unusual items. Thanks,Chris

robin.jpg

Yeah these were great for the day, and for the price. Got Robin here, and Batman.

I remember initially loving the WB store in my mall (Roosevelt Field on Long Island). It had a statue of Superman bursting through the wall - how could you not love that? But the love was short-lived. Wandering around, it felt like browsing a Six Flags gift shop, with all the Looney Toons characters.

I don't remember any DC statues, but it's possible that with a price tag like that, much younger me just blocked them out of my mind.

On the bright side, I did get an awesome set of Animaniacs tumblers for like $3 on clearance.

I loved my local warner bros studio store, it had costumes from batman returns in the window, I also liked the exclusive stuff when a new batman film came out. I still think the statues from batman and robin are great.

The gallery animated Maquettes are still some of my all time favorite pieces and really are what caught my interest in statues. But as a.high school student at the time even with a job, I couldn't afford them. The statues outside the gallery varied, but really picked up in sculpt before they closed. Like the two silver age supes and bats, and batman beyond which I thought was on par with the expensive gallery counterpart. Couldn't beat the price either at 50 (or 25 when they went out of business, which I kicked myself for years after for passing up).

I did pick up the huge silver age superman though at the time which was also a steal at 60. I remember even asking if it was a price mistake. Yeah, definitely miss that store and while the Nolan trilogy was happening I often wondered what goodies we would have gotten.

God only knows how much money I spent at the Woodbridge NJ WBSS. Cels, tchotchkes, and statues, I pretty much have everything.

The cover recreations you're talking about are of Batman #1 and #4. I have the first, but passed on the second one because it wasn't as large or as nicely made.

God only knows how much money I spent at the Woodbridge NJ WBSS. Cels, tchotchkes, and statues, I pretty much have everything.

The cover recreations you're talking about are of Batman #1 and #4. I have the first, but passed on the second one because it wasn't as large or as nicely made.

I always think about that statue & regret not saving up for it! Could you please post a picture of it? I think this was a great concept, it's a shame no one ran with this idea!

I had the Superman, Batman, Harley, and Batman Beyond animated maquettes. They really were amazing pieces. Unfortunately, times got rough and I had to sell them all a long time ago. I made a ton of money from them that I needed but still hate that I had to do it. I'd love to track down the Batman Beyond one again.

I still miss that store, got lots of batman goodies there. I met & got Kevin Conroy's signature among others. Batman & Robin animated maquettes. Batman Forever statues, Batman & Robin movie statues. I'm sure I am forgetting others. Passed up on many of the higher priced art & statues.

I used to work at the Warner Brothers Store on 57th and 5th. It was the biggest story they ever had. 7 Floors of great stuff. I worked in the gallery, and mostly sold the DC cels and such. I absolutely loved the maquette series, until they got to Batman Beyond and ruined the cool static artist model look the figures were supposed to have. Never got them, though, but I spent plenty of my paychecks on stuff in the store. I have five of those great cookie jars they did still on display in my bat-room right now. We even had 50% off day twice a year, which is how I got my awesome Batman Beyond cel.

I remember this store. Such a cool place. There was one in my local mall and I remember my parents coming home from that mall one day when the store was still under construction and they told me how there were these big statues of Superman and Batman bursting through the wall. I was so excited for it to open and see what it was they were talking about. That place had some great stuff. Most of it way out of my price range as I was just a kid at the time and my parents certainly weren't going to spend that kind of money on on high end collectibles with me being so young. I did get a couple things from that place, though. A bust of Superman from The Animated Series.
mc1qtRbhNe4CpJ0gvI0wCow.jpg

And this watch. I still have both items today as part of the collection.
SMx202159.1L.jpg

And here are Superman/Batman bursting through the wall at the store.
Corbis-SF002192.jpg

I remember those wall displays. I loved that store, great stuff.

Back