Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious has Disney done anything around the SW or Indy attactions since the big announcement? I would expect some sort of crowing.

Nope, nothing yet. Reason for this is that the deal hasn't been completed yet. It's been signed and agreed upon but that doesn't mean the acquisition is complete. There's a ton of things left to do to transition companies into another one and most likely won't be fully completed for another year.

Until then, you will continue to see the usual Disney/Star Wars merchandise as usual.

Here are a few pics of our trip before Thanksgiving. We got to go to the Christmas Party and early preview/dress rehersal of the new section of Fantasyland.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Are these from DisneyWorld or Land?

Hey everyone, it's been awhile... I finally went back to Disneyland and California Adventure!

Good to be back. Here's some pics of DCA first.

With the Grizzly River Run down for rehab, all the water fills into the Pacific Wharf. You don't usually see the water this high...
DL_02042013_054.jpg

Back on Radiator Springs Racers
DL_02042013_055.jpg

DL_02042013_056.jpg

In the queue of Tower of Terror
DL_02042013_078.jpg

Buena Vista Street
DL_02042013_300.jpg

DL_02042013_303.jpg

The Carthay Manhattan... made with a fresh sphere ice ball. Really good.
DL_02042013_051.jpg

Mad T Party
DL_02042013_306.jpg

Disneyland time!

The beginning of the year they introduced "Limited Time Magic" where it's new entertainment but.... for a limited time only. The first one introduced was a Tribute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue, the longest running stage show ever (according to Guiness Book of World Records), running from Disneyland opening 1955 to 1986.

DL_02042013_250.jpg

Shows have changed over the years but for January, they brought it back and it was very successful and entertaining.
DL_02042013_188.jpg

Miss Lilly is the queen 'round these parts, not Slue Foot Sue
DL_02042013_221.jpg

She uses a mirror to find herself a suitor.
DL_02042013_226.jpg

DL_02042013_245.jpg

It was a really nice return but unfortunately yesterday was the very last day. They begun the next round of Limited Time Magic which is a Mardi Gras Bash in New Orleans Square featuring Princess Tiana.

I was given this soundtrack by the new president of Disneyland, (the one that just departed is being transferred to Walt Disney World) to clean the mess that old management left behind.

DL_02042013_175.jpg

Hehehe Mickey's nose.
DL_02042013_256.jpg

DL_02042013_293.jpg

Flag Ceremony
DL_02042013_273.jpg

DL_02042013_284.jpg

Seeing all these photos I want to go right now!! planning to take the family in a few years- we had planned to go soon but had some set backs. time to start saving again! is it 2015 yet?

Duck!
DL_02042013_258.jpg

Ice Cream!
DL_02042013_295.jpg

C-3PO!
DL_02042013_106.jpg

R2-D2!
DL_02042013_117.jpg

Haunted Mansion hallway
DL_02042013_150.jpg

DL_02042013_152.jpg

Ghost pianist
DL_02042013_159.jpg

And I recall soemone asking for a shot of the painting in the attic.... this was the best i could do.
DL_02042013_167.jpg

C-3PO!
DL_02042013_106.jpg

And I recall soemone asking for a shot of the painting in the attic.... this was the best i could do.

That Threepio shot is fantastic.

And that was me asking for the picture... although I needed a different one. :monkey1

I think it's the first one you see. But it's really no big deal, I appreciate the effort regardless.

My company was sponsoring a booth at a recent event here. One of the speakers was Bob Garner.

He did a bunch of miscellaneous stuff for Disney - the Circlevision films for China and Canada being some of the bigger park-related things.

I realized where I knew his name from best - he directed the Disneyland Disney Treasures DVD. I've seen that thing dozens of times, so it was really cool to get to meet the director.

Probably the coolest info I found out from him - he did that shot of Mickey waving on Spaceship Earth. I thought that was really cool. I mean, that's got to be one of the top five most iconic shots of the parks. Apparently, he almost got fired for it, for two reasons: 1) they didn't have characters in Epcot at that point, and didn't know if/when they would be in the park. So they didn't want Epcot to be associated with a walkaround at that point. 2) They weren't insured for a shot/stunt like that, so should something had gone wrong with Mickey's rigging, it would have been a LOT of money lost.

But I guess when that shot became so associated with Epcot, Eisner forgave him.

He also brought a bunch of storyboards and stuff. This was one of the coolest:

s017D8A.jpg

And that was me asking for the picture... although I needed a different one. :monkey1

I think it's the first one you see. But it's really no big deal, I appreciate the effort regardless.

Okay, I'll keep trying! The hard part is that it's very dark and their heads vanish so it's all about timing.

These are some amazing pics. I don't know what equipment you're using but bravo!

Thank you! I use a canon 5D Mark II.

Here's a few more pics

Main Street at night
DL_02042013_085.jpg

Jungle Cruise
DL_02042013_092.jpg

Maleficent inside Sleeping Beauty Castle
DL_02042013_141.jpg

Sword in the Stone
DL_02042013_144.jpg

Matterhorn
DL_02042013_139.jpg

During the Fireworks
DL_02042013_104.jpg

Well my Disneyland vacation is a mere 5 weeks away... FINALLY! I've been planning this trip for two years now, I can't believe it's almost here. :blissy

Unfortunately, my DLR vacation (March 30 - April 5) appears to coincide with the Spring Break season at the parks so the crowds may be rather heavy. :gah:

I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday at the new Carthay Circle restaurant on April 3rd with a showing of the World of Color later on that night! I cannot wait! :panic:

Wow... It's been over 4 years since I've been to Disneyland and it seems A LOT has changed. The attraction that I'm looking forward to the most is probably the new Star Tours. Well, it gonna be new to me. :clap

I'm also looking forward to spending a couple of the nights at the Disneyland Hotel. I usually stay at one of the budget hotel surrounding the park for the entire time, but my wife insisted that due to the special occasion that we treat ourselves for some of that time. The last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel was back in 2002.:thud:

I've been firming up the dining plans for the trip and I was wondering... what culinary experiences would you "seasoned park hoppers" (and you know who you are :)) deem "not to be missed". I know all appetites are different but I'm just curious what you guys/gals recommend.

Funny, this will be the first trip since 1998 that we will be skipping Goofy's Kitchen since my kids consider themselves too old for those autograph books. End of an era. :(

Although my son Alex is going to miss Goofy's Mac N Cheese. :monkey2

Last edited:
I've been firming up the dining plans for the trip and I was wondering... what culinary experiences would you "seasoned park hoppers" (and you know who you are :)) deem "not to be missed". I know all appetites are different but I'm just curious what you guys/gals recommend.

Blue Bayou and Steakhouse 55 are amazing.

For a (very big) lunch, I love the Monte Cristo and parmesan and garlic pomme frites. Plan on stumbling around for an hour afterwards, though.

They may be too old for autographs, but no one is too old for character meals! I'm going on 33, and I still love them. Although my last time at Goofy's Kitchen was atrocious. They were remodeling the restaurant, so the meals were in this conference room upstairs. It felt so tacky.

During the last visit to Goofy's Kitchen back in 2008, they sat my family in a table tucked away from any character activity. We had to actively try and get the attention of each parading character. It was kind of embarrassing. :ohbfrank:

We do have a character meal planned this trip... it part of our vacation package. I think it's going to be for a breakfast at the Plaza Inn. :wink1:

Last edited:
I love Disneyland. The wife and I grabbed some premium annual passports and have being taking full advantage of them.

8502877020_433875bf6f_b.jpg

First time riding the tram, we were excited.

8502877672_74ae8b4f48_b.jpg

Rode in the front, it was ok. Kinda awkward.

8501803105_ae3ef13842_b.jpg

8502919740_dc74b1cb0d_b.jpg

8502917468_3c5cf64a21_b.jpg

Love this ride.

8501813223_dd7213ed74_b.jpg

8502909878_00e01a4a5d_b.jpg

8501805215_eea7ddcbcf_b.jpg

During the last visit to Goofy's Kitchen back in 2008, they sat my family in a table tucked away from any character activity. We had to actively try and get the attention of each parading character. It was kind of embarrassing. :ohbfrank:

We do have a character meal planned this trip... it part of our vacation package. I think it's going to be for a breakfast at the Plaza Inn. :wink1:

You might have a different experience, but that is actually bottom three meals I've ever had in a Disney resort.

I always think breakfast buffets are a bit of a ripoff in Disney, but even this was a new low. I didn't even think the food was good. I am not trying to bring you down, and it is very likely your meal will be better than mine. But I just wasn't a fan.

On the bright side, I did have one of my favorite character interactions there. I was going to take a picture with Captain Hook (the characters there are VERY random, by the way), and he looked at my Maple Leafs shirt and gave me a thumbs down.

You might have a different experience, but that is actually bottom three meals I've ever had in a Disney resort.

I always think breakfast buffets are a bit of a ripoff in Disney, but even this was a new low. I didn't even think the food was good. I am not trying to bring you down, and it is very likely your meal will be better than mine. But I just wasn't a fan.

On the bright side, I did have one of my favorite character interactions there. I was going to take a picture with Captain Hook (the characters there are VERY random, by the way), and he looked at my Maple Leafs shirt and gave me a thumbs down.

Funny... one of my favorite memories of going to the Plaza Inn for breakfast was when my son Alex called Captain Hook a "codfish" with his back toward Hook not knowing that he heard him and came up right behind him. The look on my son's face when he turned around was priceless. Captain Hook proceeded to tease him for the rest of the meal.

Back