Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some input from anyone who would know...

My wife suddenly decided yesterday that she'd like to look into a quick trip to WDW with the kids in early May. We'd be taking Grandma with us so we were looking at the family suite at Art of Animation. Last time we did the villa at Fort Wilderness and it worked out well. I'm just looking for some input on to AoA resort and what people think of it.

Thanks!

Personally I would say that the Art of Animation hotel is the best hotel on WDW property if you have kids. The hotel has full size statues of characters, 3 story tall characters and an awesome freaking pool. I'd highly recommend staying in the Cars section if you have a choice.

Well I'm finally leaving from my Disneyland vacation on Wednesday! :yess:

I would like to thank everybody for posting their food suggestions... it was very helpful.

I will post pictures when I come back... although they might pale in comparison to some of the AMAZING photos that are posted regularly on this thread. :wink1:

YAAAAAY!!!!!! And nonsense, your pics will be awesome and from your point of view!

Since you asked us for eating advice, I hope you take pictures of EVERY meal you have so we can all hear about your experience and also learn from it ourselves!

YAAAAAY!!!!!! And nonsense, your pics will be awesome and from your point of view!

Yeah, I mean your pics are fantastic and on another level, but everything being photogenic at Disney parks is one of the best things about them.

You can point and click almost anywhere, and get a great shot of something. Take an extra couple of seconds to get a creative or well-framed shot, and it's even better. At some actual talent and a good camera into the mix, and it's ridiculous.

Just a few photos of my haul from Disneyland a couple of weeks ago.
DSCF5423_zps92ceaabf.jpg

DSCF5422_zpscbd7d078.jpg

DSCF5421_zps1a699e7b.jpg

DSCF5420_zps2aa52810.jpg

DSCF5419_zps6a8cbad4.jpg

The Aurora and the 2 cat vinylmations are my wife's. We got the sketches from Off The Page and the J. Scott Campbell pieces are actually postcard but you can get them in a larger print format.

Enjoy

:fireworks

One month from today I will be at Disneyland with a renewed annual passport! Pretty stoked! Haven't been since January, my longest Disney drought in years; I'm having serious Disney withdraw...

:yess:

I'm totally going on Saturday to check out the Iron Man exhibit and hopefully meet Scrooge McDuck!! I know Walt Disney World has him meeting people but Disneyland hasn't had him since the early 90s!

I haven't seen out and about Scrooge on any of my WDW trips. I know he exists as the occasional walkaround, but I've only seen him in parades.

Finally saw the new Little Mermaid ride at Magic Kingdom.
I liked it a lot. It was pretty cool. I loved the animatronics used for the ride. The movement looked really nice and smooth.

I saw the addition of mermaids in Pirates of the Caribbean, but did not care too much for it. Didn't get what the big deal was about. not much of an addition.

I just heard that BUILD-A-DROID IS NOW AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

I'm going on Saturday to verify.

Going this weekend and next weekend to Disney.

I really want to check out the Iron Man display, who knows maybe an actor from the movie will be there.

Back