Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gf and I are flying to Disney World tomorrow. Assuming our flight doesn't get cancelled because of the hurricane. *fingers crossed*

Yay! Hope all goes as planned.

It did not. She was too nervous about flying down there with the storm coming so we rescheduled for next year.

I'm bummed out about not being able to try the food at Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival. On the bright side we'll be able to check out New Fantasyland and attend Star Wars Weekends next year.

It did not. She was too nervous about flying down there with the storm coming so we rescheduled for next year.

I'm bummed out about not being able to try the food at Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival. On the bright side we'll be able to check out New Fantasyland and attend Star Wars Weekends next year.

Oh rubbish! I work for a private Jet company in NJ and it would be fine to fly today..just not late night..and once you get to VA its clear skies..plus in a commercial Jet you are well above the storm anyway..you would have been fine with a smooth flight

That being said...I would be a nervous wreck no matter what the forcast says..but for Disney I would do it

Aww, sorry to hear but I agree with Apone...Disney baby! Also doubt I could have convinced my wife to reschedule it, haha.

Just catching up on all the awesome photos from the past few months! :rock

I don't have any park pics handy but here are a couple of art pieces I finished recently -

IMG_0010.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

Oh rubbish! I work for a private Jet company in NJ and it would be fine to fly today..just not late night..and once you get to VA its clear skies..plus in a commercial Jet you are well above the storm anyway..you would have been fine with a smooth flight

That would be a helluva view.

Cool paintings!

New at Disney World recently are changes to Pirates of the Caribbean. Well... additions actually. Pirates 4 featured Mermaids so they added a spooky moment of mermaids swimming around your boat. You also see a skeleton of the mermaid on the beach. I hear the whole scene is now SUPER creepy which should be pretty cool.

Check it out!

In other Disney news, Tom Hanks is playing Walt Disney in a film about the making of Mary Poppins. He'll be at Disneyland November 6-8 to film on location as Walt. I'm not sure what lands he'll be in but everything will need to look like it did in 1961 or something.

I saw the mermaid video on YouTube and I really like it! I hope they will at it to Disneyland Paris.

A few shots I haven't shared here yet (I think).

Halloween Ghost Mechanic by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Phantom Manor by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Big Thunder Mountain by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Hollywoon Tower Hotel by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Walt Disney Studios by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Walt Disney Studios by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Disneyland Paris Main Street Railroad Station by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Disneyland Paris Hotel by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Those are awesome!! I stopped by Disneyland a few hours yesterday and gone are all the Halloween decorations. Christmas isn't completely up but it's very much there!

Santa Goofy is already meeting guests.

DL11042012_084.jpg

In support of Wreck-It Ralph, you can meet Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz.
DL11042012_107.jpg

DL11042012_103.jpg

Why is she so freakishly scary?
DL11042012_116.jpg

You can also play old school arcades again
DL11042012_098.jpg

As well as Fix-It Felix
DL11042012_106.jpg

Oh and they were taping for the Christmas special... here's The Backstreet Boys
DL11042012_062.jpg

DL11042012_060.jpg

DL11042012_037.jpg

DL11042012_075.jpg

Is the arcade a reworked Flinn's?

No, Flynn's Arcade was converted into the MAD ARCADE as part of Mad T Party in California Adventure.

The Wreck-It Ralph meet & greet takes up a section of the Starcade in Tomorrowland.

Disney is costly. I'm not proud of it but years ago it would be nothing for me to get hammered at Epcot. In fact I went there to get hammered and enjoy the worlds brews and spirits at my leisure. One night I was so drunk I passed out on spaceship earth and they just let me ride around in circles until I woke up. :lol

Again if people have the money to go to Disney they have the money to spend $7 on a drink and get loaded. Although I'm sure my stupid behavior is rare. :monkey3 Not some of my proudest years. :peace

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl just to imagine this made me lmao :lol:lol

Hey babe... I like yur yellow ball gown... wa time do ya ged offa work? (belch) Hey don' walk away! Letz go party somewhere! (pass out)

Currently at WDW right now. Got to preview the new Fantasyland yesterday. Very cool, I also noticed they added floating candelabras to the stairway/footprint scene in the Haunted Mansion, don't remember ever seeing those before. I can also verify the mermaid swimming next to the boat and the skeleton of one on the beach as well as Davy Jones being replaced by Blackbeard and the eerie mermaids call/song during the whole intro scene.

Last edited:
Back