Wake's Diorama Builds - Breaking Bad Living Room/Desert PG. 18

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wake

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

Welcome to my Diorama Build thread!

These will be quite a long undertaking but it's gotta start somewhere.

WAKE'S DIORAMA BUILD INDEX

1. Patrick Bateman's Apartment (American Psycho) PAGE 1

2010-Home-Decorating-Celebrity-Interiors-Lofts-05-lgn.jpg

2. Walter White's Living Room/Desert Exterior (AMC's Breaking Bad) PAGE 18

ScreenShot2013-06-29at112636PM_zps636f6bfc.png

Last edited:
Re: Patrick Bateman's Apartment - Wake's Dioramas

Don't know how many of you remember Patrick Bateman's apartment from the movie America Psycho but here's my WIP Diorama meant to recreate the set from the movie for use with the upcoming Iminime Wallstreet Killer.

2010-Home-Decorating-Celebrity-Interiors-Lofts-05-lgn.jpg

230674-american_psycho_10_super.jpg

Of course I plan on recreating the amazing entertainment center that is highlighted several times in the movie.

tumblr_mhpyyqZJoX1qg4blro1_500.gif

american_psycho-131.jpg

Here's my first rough skeleton:

photo-7_zpsc94e6b2e.jpg

Update 1:

(Still needs a ton of work including final paint)

photo1-2_zps2fbee5f5.jpg

I found a site where you can buy acrylic pieces cut to size. I bought some with a green edge option to look like the glass shelves Bateman has in his entertainment console. I also found an awesome Barbie Televsion set that I'm going to paint and put a superbright LED in so I can have a backlit image on the screen of Texas chainsaw massacre. (I may be offering the TV and stereo up in a limited run of 5-10 depending on how this goes.) Anyway the hole in the wall is for the power cable.

photo4-2_zps529fc4fc.jpg

Found some awesome white birch strip laminate with glue backing that affixes by just waving the iron over it. It'll make a great floor with a coat of polyurethane on it.

photo5-1_zpsab2feacc.jpg

Window looking good!

photo1-3_zpse5db8ed7.jpg

With the lights turned off so you can see the 'sunlight' effect!

photo2-2_zps86176473.jpg

Last edited:

Fantastic piece! Amazing film!

Wow... great start, can't wait to see how this comes out. Love this idea for a dio.

Looks great Omar. Awesome stuff man!!

Thanks guys! This is actually my FIRST diorama build project. I'm learning ALOT! I've worked with so many artists on Dioramas that it was only a matter of time before I gave it a shot myself. It's been lots of fun, and a little frustrating at times! Tedious too. lol... But when you start to see it coming together its a great feeling.

More updates soon. I was sculpting the tile for the balcony today out of balsa foam and sealing it with casting resin. Talk about an adventure.

Wow this looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the final thing

Wow Wake! That is just a massive piece. I can't imagine the amount of work you put in! Are you in construction by any chance? It looks like a complete house remodel! :D Really awesome work bro.

Wow this looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the final thing

WOW!

Eric

Thanks guys!

Wow Wake! That is just a massive piece. I can't imagine the amount of work you put in! Are you in construction by any chance? It looks like a complete house remodel! :D Really awesome work bro.

LOL, no... no construction here. In fact this project represents the first time in my life I used a table saw. I thought I was gonna cut my fingers off at first... It's easy as pie though.

Some updates...

Unfortunately in the movie there's no shot of what the Balcony floor looks like. So I used a little creative license. It's a nice building and a nice apartment so its certainly not bare concrete. I decided to go with a chacoal slate tile look like this...

Grey-Slate-CS-005-P162342B.jpg

Natural_Slate_Flooring_Tiles.jpg

So I cut a couple of balsa foam pieces to fit in the balcony and then carved out the tiles. I went with a wider grout shape which I think will look great when painted.

photo1-4_zpsb2d43d78.jpg

photo2-3_zps22976059.jpg

It was my first time working with Balsa foam too. I'm pretty pleased with how it looks. Then I sealed the foam with Casting Resin (Another first) and boy did I make a mess. I dropped half the bottle of chemical A on my workbench. SUCKED big time. Lucky for me I was wearing eye and ventilation protection as it splashed everywhere.

photo3-3_zpsd24458d9.jpg

Finally primed it last night. Next step Airbrushing! (ALSO ANOTHER NEW EXPERIENCE) LOL.

photo4-4_zps9bd52230.jpg

Man, this diorama is reaching epic levels. The quality and level of skill your applying seems like you've been doing this for years! :clap

Can't wait to see the finished product. Great stuff here.

Man, this diorama is reaching epic levels. The quality and level of skill your applying seems like you've been doing this for years! :clap

Can't wait to see the finished product. Great stuff here.

Thanks man! I'm really taking it quite seriously. Im trying to make it as refined as I can. Going for museum quality!

Just got an update regarding my barcelona chairs and telescope.

The nice lady making my Barcelona chairs just sent me this.. The faux leather is looking GOOD. Much better than the felt cushions as you can see.

P10402161_zpsaa965ca3.jpg

P10402141_zpsfd7f3c62.jpg

Check out the telescope WIP!

P10401521_zpsdec06365.jpg

Back