Waiting 9 months for a replacement from SSC... what is going on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been waiting over 6 months (edit 9 months now) for replacement on a statue with several pieces broken off the head.
Every time I call or email I am told the replacements will come in a month or 2 and when that month comes they are still not here and I am told the same thing again. This has been going on for almost 7 months.

When are the replacement Elder predator statues going to arrive?

Why can't SSC send me a regular Elder predator statue to replace my Exclusive?
The Returns dept. said the reason was because it is not exclusive version. The exclusive alien skull is fine so I just need the statue itself.

Please someone from SSC look into this.

Last edited:
Re: Waiting 7 months for a replacement from SSC... what is going on?

Hi Vitus! So very sorry for the long wait on a replacement for your Elder Statue. I spoke with our customer service department and was informed that replacements for that piece are expected in this week/early next week, so people should start seeing them shipped out to them end of next week/or the week after.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for looking into it Alex.
Last time I was told June and now it's sounding like your telling me July so this cycle continues.
Your answer sounds very promising though, it sounds like I could have it in 2 weeks or so. Thanks!

Alex those 2 weeks you said have passed by and now the third week is almost over... no word from sideshow to me yet... sigh.

PS. my son's name is Alex. good name!

Wow, those are some crazy wait times for a replacement. Almost as bad as some pre-orders.

Chris

Wow, those are some crazy wait times for a replacement. Almost as bad as some pre-orders.

Chris

If they had to order more due to a ton of breakage that would make sense I guess... but I never heard of them doing this.

What is really aggravating is that the regular version is on stock and I could just use the body from one of those but they are making me wait 7 months.

Reread Alex's message...
Hmmm I guess I should give it another week based on the timeframe he gave... sorry if I jumped the gun.
Also emailed the guy handling my exchange but he is out of the office today.
Hoping for some news tomorrow.

Some good news for me. Looks like replacements are finally in and being inspected and they hope to ship them out by end of next week.

Seems Strange I'm the only one around that seems to be waiting for this if they had to get more replacements made lol.

Finally got the replacement body.

I haven't opened it yet but it looks like they may have shipped it in the official Styrofoam halves which is a bonus. I can't imagine it arriving in one piece without that.

They couldn't do this for the broken pieces to a $2000 statue though when it arrived broken (Wolf LSF) but they can manage this for a $300 statue.
They sent me the same part multiple times for Wolf LSF... no official Styrofoam... and it arrived broken every time and they gave up on me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Finally got the replacement body.

I haven't opened it yet but it looks like they may have shipped it in the official Styrofoam halves which is a bonus. I can't imagine it arriving in one piece without that.

They couldn't do this for the broken pieces to a $2000 statue though when it arrived broken (Wolf LSF) but they can manage this for a $300 statue.
They sent me the same part multiple times for Wolf LSF... no official Styrofoam... and it arrived broken every time and they gave up on me. Thanks.

So did you get a good one?

So did you get a good one?

Yep looks like I got a good one.
The paint app is better on this one too.
They even packaged it differently than the first one. The outer shipper box is oversized so that it has air gaps and the Styrofoam corners for more protection. Like how things used to come :\

spoke too soon... the pistol hand wont stay in the right arm... like the magnet or metal inside the arm is missing. I've asked for another one...

spoke too soon... the pistol hand wont stay in the right arm... like the magnet or metal inside the arm is missing. I've asked for another one...

looks like a production fail. when problems are numerous like this in any production run, you'll be lucky to ever have it made right. i haven't returned much to sideshow for not getting it right but the frodo PF comes to mind. EVERY replacement sword i got was bent or broken. that was because they didn't just replace the sword, but insisted i return the entire statue. the problem i believe was in the packaging styrofoam causing the sword to get bent and sometimes break. i gave up after 3 attempts and returned for a refund. good luck.

How long did it take for you to receive a response about the statue in general? Or did you just call them? I put in a ticket through the site.

I recently received the Arthas statue and the cape was pretty busted... I put in for a possible refund/replacement and I haven't heard ANYTHING in 6 days.

Pretty impressive amount of time for them to just give me ANY response.

calling gets an immediate response.

How long did it take for you to receive a response about the statue in general? Or did you just call them? I put in a ticket through the site.

I recently received the Arthas statue and the cape was pretty busted... I put in for a possible refund/replacement and I haven't heard ANYTHING in 6 days.

Pretty impressive amount of time for them to just give me ANY response.

I forgot, but it was maybe 3 days...
Right now I'm waiting to hear on them sending me a second replacement. Sounds like they will but I don't have much hope things will be different unless they test it first...

I recently bought a "used" Mumm Ra. Some how it came with the magnet missing from his left hand. Unsure is this will help or not, as I do not know how the magnets are placed in your statue when compared to MummRa's...but in the end, I ended up finding perfectly sized magnets at my local Home Depot. A few test to make sure I am not gluing it in backwards, some glue and a day later, he was ready to go.

I am up to what seems like nearly 2 months waiting om my replacement parts for my Storm Shadow statue. Apparently a large number of "regular" version we shipped with one hand piece being from regular and the other from exclusive. So my Storm Shadow either sports two bows or is missing a hand. :(

I think you're being super calm about this Vitus. If I had to wait for 7 month for a replacement part and still end up with a defective one I'd be flipping out like a mad cow. You're one patient dude.

heh it's looking like it will be 9 months by the time I get the second body.

Back