Wait list Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once on the wait list for the Pumpkinhead maquette for close to two years after it was released. Finally found a very good deal on it on a forum. Paid for it, got it in absolutely beautiful shape. About three weeks later I get an e-mail from Sideshow that my wait list was converting. that one shipped to me brand new and it beautiful condition so i just ended up selling it.

At the same time I was on the wait list for the original Hot Toys Wolverine figure. One day Sideshow sends out an e-mail that they found X number in stock and had a link to purchase them. A friend happened to get the e-mail before me and purchased it right away. They sold it for the retail cost, but never contacted me about the wait list order (which was still open).

Last one. The friend from above and I go on the wait list at the same time for the Galactus LSB exclusive version. I get contacted and take it. It ships to me and unfortunately it had a very large chip on the side of Galactus' head. After talking to customer service I declined the partial refund and sent it back (all at their cost). About a week later wouldn't you know it, my friend got contacted regarding a conversion on the wait list. We joked about it and he took a shot on it. sure enough it was the same exact piece I sent back. He sent it back also.

Overall they are very hit or miss on the wait list. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they handle it. I suggest putting your name down and keeping your fingers crossed.

Back