Wait list number for Grey Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when I was frequently maxing out my credit card, Sideshow gave us 3-5 days to present alternative forms of payment IIRC.

Mookeylama said:
so why were the people all upset? because there was no warning/anouncments about it?
Besides that, it wasn't really fair towards the EU collectors. Would you want to stay up every thursday till 3, sometimes 4 AM, and wait just for the newsletter to be posted? Most EU collectors where in bed when SSC decided to throw 50 Gray Hulk's on the market.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Besides that, it wasn't really fair towards the EU collectors. Would you want to stay up every thursday till 3, sometimes 4 AM, and wait just for the newsletter to be posted? Most EU collectors where in bed when SSC decided to throw 50 Gray Hulk's on the market.

ouch!! i see your side of the story. SS should have put aside some for EU buyers.

I remember that night, Tom & I both had a suspicion something very limited was gonna be released that night but I didn't wanna comment on the board for fear of flooding upon release. It went up so late at night (very early morning over here in europe) that I almost gave up & went to bed 5 mins before it went up.

student_toe5 said:
ouch!! i see your side of the story. SS should have put aside some for EU buyers.

I am sure Bullseye would agree with that. I recall he was pissed.

Well, those looking for a limited edition piece of only 50 made there is always Blurple Betty Boop. She's just as cool and as massive as Gray Hulk. :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am sure Bullseye would agree with that. I recall he was pissed.

Well, those looking for a limited edition piece of only 50 made there is always Blurple Betty Boop. She's just as cool and as massive as Gray Hulk. :lol

Don't get Bullseye started!.....

I wonder if they will ever do anything like that again?......a cool way to do it would be unknown to everyone, they just put 1 limited item up every 2-3 hours or so until it was snatched up and then put another item up.........would be totally up to chance, but I'm sure everyone would be pissed about that as well....

when it comes to something this limited, unless you were one of the lucky ones your going to be pissed that you didn't get it

student_toe5 said:

Well if that were the case they should of but some aside for the Asian collectors, the Australian collectors, the East coast American collectors, the collectors who were either at their job/or college class that night(like I was but I skipped class that night for some reason I cant remeber), or the collectors who just went to bed..... It gets a little ridiclous, I thought how they did it was great. They gave a clue in the podcast for people that took the time to listen to the podcast, I actually forgot all about the clue. I just knew I wanted the LE version of the HvS and I got it, there was a lot of other stuff I could of been doing instead of checking the computer over and over again that night.
I think what they did was very cool and the best way of doing it, you can't get every exclusive (Blackops stormtrooper was not meant to be for me), because I was at work. Next time I expect GG to call and ask me what would be the best time to order for me and I of course would let them know it would be 9PM MNT time, so we'll see what happens.

Well, not wanting to stir up this whole mess again, I will only say that I was a little upset because this was only like the second or third week that the newsletter had come up on Thursday night instead of the then, usual Friday night. Sideshow had not officially announced that the newsletter was changing to Thursday night, so many of us weren't even expecting the newsletter that night. I just happened to get on my computer and get on the board and saw the threads about the Grey Hulk, or else, I wouldn't even have know about it until Friday probably. I did get on the waitlist, but I think it was 20 or 30 minutes after it had sold out so I doubt it will be converted. gambit, I hate to say it, but if you didn't get on till the next day, it is highly unlikely that your waitlist will be converted. Sorry. :monkey2

I doubt they'll do something like this again. If they do it will be a more creative way of doing it, like not telling anyone it's so limited until after it's sold out. I know a lot of people wouldn't have bothered with the gray one if it hadn't had such a small edition size.

Gray or Green....this statue just doesn't interest me. it looks awesome but not digging the Hulk that much. I like the way Spidey is on the brick but just not for me. I really hope SS does another take on Hulk either alone or a vs diorama. I should have bought a Gray one when I saw it and sold it to one of you guys.

lcummins said:
it was 20 or 30 minutes after it had sold out so I doubt it will be converted. gambit, I hate to say it, but if you didn't get on till the next day, it is highly unlikely that your waitlist will be converted. Sorry. :monkey2

Actually I am aware but hey, thanks for the tears :)

the reason I couldn;t order was: I was so excited to see the diaroma and there were 4 small lines and then there was this 12" general custer figure between the gray version and the others. due to my notebook screen size, I could not be able to see the gray even because it was at the end of the page. I really am suspicious that SS put that 12 " Custer figure there intentionally. Because it was lunch time here(I live in GMT + 10) when the statues starts for ordering and I could have ordered in first 50 pieces if I saw it. anyway...

I agree with DLDave and HW that green looks much more better.

gambit said:
Actually I am aware but hey, thanks for the tears :)

the reason I couldn;t order was: I was so excited to see the diaroma and there were 4 small lines and then there was this 12" general custer figure between the gray version and the others. due to my notebook screen size, I could not be able to see the gray even because it was at the end of the page. I really am suspicious that SS put that 12 " Custer figure there intentionally. Because it was lunch time here(I live in GMT + 10) when the statues starts for ordering and I could have ordered in first 50 pieces if I saw it. anyway...

I agree with DLDave and HW that green looks much more better.

The tears are for me as well... :lol

Thanks lcummins. It was an interesting read. I think it goes to show that there are all different types of collectors and everyone has their own point of view. That's what makes a great forum. I enjoy hearing about what drives someone to collect what they collect and how much it means to them. I've been collecting for almost 30 years now and I can't think of a single time that I was so disappointed about missing out on something that it made me angry. Then again I've never been in a situation where I've missed out on something with such a small edition size as Gray Hulk. If this had been a PF Boba Fett where they only made 50 of the ESB version, it might be a different story. I hope I never have to find out.

So, I guess if I jump on the Gray Hulk wait-list now, I might not get one.

Back