VTS Toys - The Revenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from urban samurai hobbies. They are reliable, but slow to get their products in. I just finally got my shipping notice for mandarin even though I paid for it in November/December

Same here. I ordered from them because they were $20-30 cheaper with shipping than anyone else. I got my prep'ing for shipment email within an hour of ordering.

Here is a crappy pic of my unfinished diorama for the figure. Weapons will be displayed on the pegboard and I'm using Tony Stark tables at the moment in place of the workbench/shelves I'm building for it. It will eventually be awesome.

e7a5uvuq.jpg

I'm liking the looks of that ! Looking forward to see the finished project Daamonb

he looks great switched over to the Captain America body! I will be honest I don't wanna spend $60 or more on one of the Cap body's for him are there any alternative bodies with a similar build? All the ones I have run across on the various figure sites have the molded neck so that's a no go :(

Juntao05 I used the modern Captain America.
Markecho it DOES look like we have similar ideas. After I saw your picture I couldn't help but posted this picture. Hope you enjoy it Ha ha
View attachment 93685

Surge, this photo is amazing!

he looks great switched over to the Captain America body! I will be honest I don't wanna spend $60 or more on one of the Cap body's for him are there any alternative bodies with a similar build? All the ones I have run across on the various figure sites have the molded neck so that's a no go :(

If you have some sculpey or clay epoxy and a spare regular True Type (TTM 21), you could just add some muscle mass on the body. It would be cheaper than getting a Hot Toys Cap body :)

20140110_235036_zps1eadfce2.jpg

ha surge, you and I have similar ideas (ie I want to get a table to display weapons also).

I agree in general that I wish VTS put him on a buffer body. Looking back now, since I am not a "movie accurate" stickler, I should have just kitbashed him since I would really only want the head and vest.

But since I am lazy I'll keep him as is.

Had fun gearing him up with different weapons...but realize I gotta take some pics with dramatic lighting.

(and yes I know the SCAR front site needs to be pointed in the other direction and I have the wrong caliber ammo in the para SAW but it's the only metal ammo I have at the moment. See I'm not a stickler for details :lol )

photo hosting

how to screenshot on windows 7

photo hosting

screen cap

screen grab

This guy look's Amazing and pulled the trigger on him this weekend ,cant wait to set him up with a ton of guns! GREAT PIC'S!:clap:clap:clap

Sorry, I'm a little new to Hot Toys, but are these unlicensed? I'm guessing so seeing as how they are called 'Avenger' and 'Revenger'. My question is how is the quality? Thanks in advance.

Keenan, it looks really good. Is that a muscle body with neck? If so, did you mod the Revenger's neck/sculpt?

@DM-15 It's a great figure and it really looks so good in person, considering that it's half the price of most HTs with very little accessories lately!

Thanks guys. I really prefer the Thomas Jane version, however the only place I see it is on eBay and I really don't want to drop 250+ on it. So this may have to be the version I get. 130 really doesn't seem that bad. Plus it seems to have very favorable reviews here (with the exception of the skinny body). Too bad I just picked up Amazing Spiderman and pre-ordered Wolverine. Gonna have to wait a little bit to pull the trigger.

Here's the neck mod....
First I cut the rubber from the neck and removed the joint.

punisher021514004_zps7eb2b451.jpg

Next I cut some of the stock neck off (this was done after the first pics I posted- thought his neck looked too long). You can see the neck joint here too. It slips right inside the stock neck...

punisher021514003_zpsc05b0f5e.jpg

Place the neck joint back on the figure...

punisher021514005_zps27281bd1.jpg

Place the head on....

punisher021514006_zps6a3dd77b.jpg

And it's finished...

punisher021514007_zps9dfa412c.jpg

I just got this figure on Friday and I have to say it's probably one of THE best non-Hot Toys figures I've ever had. The likeness is not spot-on, but he has shelf presence and I find that every time I am in my home office I take him off the shelf and repose him with different weapons...lots of posing options. I was lucky to get him at AEC as I think he's sold out now.

Very impressed (and surprised) by this figure!

I just got this figure on Friday and I have to say it's probably one of THE best non-Hot Toys figures I've ever had. The likeness is not spot-on, but he has shelf presence and I find that every time I am in my home office I take him off the shelf and repose him with different weapons...lots of posing options. I was lucky to get him at AEC as I think he's sold out now.

Very impressed (and surprised) by this figure!

I agree 100%. This is the first non-HT/Sideshow figure for me and I love it. I think this figure may end up to be hard to find later. Everyone that I've talked to that has one agrees that it's a fantastic figure and a steal at $130.

Thanks for sharing your mod process, Keenan. You've done a great job and it looks really good!

I agree that this figure isn't perfect, but it's an overall great set, at a very affordable price. While this would be my first DAM, I've had Soldier Story and Art Figures before and have seen in person previous DAM releases and I am amazed by their quality particularly on the paint and accessories. They make you realize how overpriced Sideshow and Hot Toys can be. I'm sure they can do better on the headsculpts and could be just deliberately making them a bit off compared to the actors they base their figures from to avoid further licensing issues.

Back