VTS Toys - The Revenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you wonder what the markup on Hot Toys stuff really is huh?

Probably not as much as you think. I'm guessing the licensing is a big part of their cost. The Revenger obviously isn't paying any licensing here. Which makes me wonder how long it'll be before Marvel slaps a lawsuit on them.

Probably not as much as you think. I'm guessing the licensing is a big part of their cost. The Revenger obviously isn't paying any licensing here. Which makes me wonder how long it'll be before Marvel slaps a lawsuit on them.

It's possible, but the difference can still make your head shake. Personally, I actually compare my Soldier Story and Art Figures toys to SSC GI Joes, not HT. The Joe releases from 2011-2013 had a price range of $150-$180+. Soldier Story and Art Figures range from $100-$120. All companies don't have any actors to pay for likeness for SS is independent/non-franchise related (though their sculpts also resemble actors) and AF is bootleg, while SSC's Joes are not based from live-action movies. Now, how much of the $50+ difference goes to licensing PER FIGURE? Also, if you'd ask me about quality, I'd say SS and AF tops SSC's Joes as far as sculpt, paint, tailoring/gear, and accessories/weapons are concerned. I know I'm paying a premium for licensing (GI Joe/Hasbro) and brand (Sideshow) among other things when I buy a Joe figure, but so far I can't see that I'm also paying for better quality compared to SS and AF.

Love the wall diorama. Where did you get it? Great pics btw.

Hey Punishment1218 the wall dio is the SSC Recon at Waypoint

Juntao05 I used the modern Captain America.
Markecho it DOES look like we have similar ideas. After I saw your picture I couldn't help but posted this picture. Hope you enjoy it Ha ha
View attachment 93685

Hey surge, that's crazy! Great dio. Also love the extra accessories you added on his vest! I didn't notice them the first time.

Ported my figure to a Hot Toys muscle body...

punisher021514001_zpsf1b21780.jpg

Great mod! looks better on a bulkier body.

Mine just arrived from Urban Samurai. I ordered it 6 days ago. Figure arrived complete and well packaged so I have no complaints with Urban Samurai.

I gotta say, after getting this unboxed, it has become one of my favorite figures. I think that it looks fantastic. It's an absolute steal at this price point.

03508758669101855416.jpg

93919795756043987952.jpg

So disappointed with the dealer I preordered this from for $110. Turns out that their stocks arrived 3 weeks ago and they never announced it on their page nor did they inform me through text or call that the item's ready for pick up. If it weren't for my being in the area I wouldn't have thought of visiting their store yesterday and it was a good thing I did. I got the last piece and almost didn't get one despite paying 10% NRD. Would never order from that shop again, had a couple more bad service experiences prior and this would be the last straw. Too bad as they're the only VTS/DAM/Soldier Story dealer, the other shops are just resellers that sell for a mark up.

On the figure-- having it fully-kitted made me forget my bitter feelings toward the store for a while. Excellent package for its price. It's my first VTS/DAM and are their base bodies weird proportionally. Articulation's okay, but wide torso/hips and thin arms. Didn't know that the hips are too wide that the pants were too loose when I put it on the TTM21 I modified, so I had to add more girth to the hips and torso using the epoxy clay. Waited for the clay to cure and Frank's all geared up soon. Headsculpt's not a very good Stevenson sculpt, but a perfect Punisher sculpt :)

I erased the skull on his vest using diluted alcohol, and painted over a new one using white acrylic, and cool grey Copic marker to dull it a little before spraying fixative on it.

Here's a shot I took. Really happy how he looks with the modded TTM 21. Frank makes my SSC Joes look cheap! Love this figure!

P2220681_zps1419f0ec.jpg

P2220676_zpsba6d55d5.jpg

Decided to replace the head on my Revenger with a much better Ray Stevenson sculpt that I got a few years back from Amnur here on the boards

DSCF8030.jpg
DSCF8032.jpg
DSCF8031.jpg

That HS looks good on the Revenger body but I think I prefer the included HS. Seeing custom work is part of the reason I like this forum--I've never seen that HS before.

I just don't think it looks enough like Ray Stevenson from the movie, maybe what Ray looked like when he was 25-30 years old. Ray was 42-43 when he did Punisher Warzone. The art figures has the more accurate head but I already have that figure so no point displaying two completely identical figures. I feel Amnur's sculpt is a pretty spot on interpretation of the worn out look he had in the film.

Back