Action Figure VTS TOYS : 1/6 Wilderness Rider (VM-026) from Red Dead Redemption 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s interesting to see them side by side. It?s a bit of a toss up. Leaning slightly more towards the Lim version with regards to accuracy? VTS definitely more bang for your buck?

Does anyone know if the Lim version lantern lights up?

It does light up. They did have photos of It and more but when the C&D hit they removed them. They've also since made all the weapons articulated as well and will have more accessories.

I was going to get VTS just for the rod and Spencer Carbine but I'm pretty confident LiM will include these and more.

I noticed that VTS is using the same Shotgun they did for their Mad Max which to me is lazy as it isn't accurate to the games. But it will still serve it's purpose. I think the figure is good but I'm going with Lim toys version, though I might still get this we'll see.

You guys won't believe it, I just heard from a very highly-placed source, I can't say who, but I found out that Hot Toys is a terrible company. They've been copying other manufacturers. The proof is plain as day.

LOOK! There's a stripe down the middle.

Hot-Toys-Solo-Darth-Maul-024_1024x1024.jpg

newt-scamander-special-edition_fantastic-beasts-the-crimes-of-grindelwald_gallery_5c4b984ad461e.jpg

They even put smaller scaled images of the figure on TOP of the stripe ... JUST LIKE LIM TOYS! I've broken this case wide open. Look at how long Hot Toys has been copying LIM.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-85-Damaged-024_1024x1024.jpg

Hellboy-2019-Hot-Toys-023_1024x1024.jpg

superman_dc-comics_gallery_5c4d04480ffe8.jpg

And look at all these other manufacturers they've been copying.

3BD82F7B-A6C4-4096-B142-B6ABC93AE956_1024x1024.jpg

Look at this one, this one has a stripe, too!!

13__50673.1583924790.1000.1200.jpg

113852fc7vbuq4f7qxeb00_1024x1024.jpg

173934njsw5gj6daqk5j7j_1024x1024.jpg

215448gejstgjjjegawdef_1024x1024.jpg

231653gjc9qqcqrrbpz9pcc_1024x1024.jpg

234754u7uu4v17lvvdudl7_1024x1024.jpg

72317699_3081757665232182_2612829949928669184_n_1024x1024 (1).jpg

77415009_435718840459727_739441597111861248_n_1024x1024.jpg

87953479_3541949569212987_7469693094116458496_n_1024x1024.jpg

O1CN01t2Uzfw1RNqGsnMkoS__3468062100_1024x1024.jpg

Clearly, LIM developed a unique photography style. It's a real shame so many people copied them.

I’m getting the limtoys but this does seem a good figure, I might buy this aswell depending on final release then mix and match

It does light up. They did have photos of It and more but when the C&D hit they removed them. They've also since made all the weapons articulated as well and will have more accessories.

I was going to get VTS just for the rod and Spencer Carbine but I'm pretty confident LiM will include these and more.

I hope they have more accessories. I POd the LIM, but was contemplating getting this one, as well — just to have more stuff to go with him. (Still thinking of getting this, just to have a second cowboy, use a different head sculpt, and have a good guy, bad guy set up).

I hope they have more accessories. I POd the LIM, but was contemplating getting this one, as well ? just to have more stuff to go with him. (Still thinking of getting this, just to have a second cowboy, use a different head sculpt, and have a good guy, bad guy set up).

Same thing I was going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they have more accessories. I POd the LIM, but was contemplating getting this one, as well — just to have more stuff to go with him. (Still thinking of getting this, just to have a second cowboy, use a different head sculpt, and have a good guy, bad guy set up).

LIM will have more accessories and from what I gather whatever they’ve missed or is requested by fans they could release after as an accessory pack. I’d be all for that honestly especially when they show off the “surprise” because anything not included with that could also end up in the pack too. So I’ll be holding off on VTS for now.

While I am getting the Limtoys version, my question surrounds both releases.

Assuming both releases end up being a quality release, would you guys consider this a Deluxe release or Deluxe figure even though its not marketed as such.

Why are other companies not following suit, if they are profit driven then all the more reason a quality product releasing is going to make them $$$.

While I am getting the Limtoys version, my question surrounds both releases.

Assuming both releases end up being a quality release, would you guys consider this a Deluxe release or Deluxe figure even though its not marketed as such.

Why are other companies not following suit, if they are profit driven then all the more reason a quality product releasing is going to make them $$$.

I think for this to be a deluxe, there needs to be another release that is 'standard', otherwise all you can really say is that it has a lot of accessories.

As to why more companies don't add additional outfit pieces and accessories to create multiple looks within one set, I think the answer is that customers don't really respond to that. When Hot Toys does a standard and deluxe release, the standard always sells out first, I think because it's cheaper. Customers aren't willing to pay more to get more.

I think for this to be a deluxe, there needs to be another release that is 'standard', otherwise all you can really say is that it has a lot of accessories.

As to why more companies don't add additional outfit pieces and accessories to create multiple looks within one set, I think the answer is that customers don't really respond to that. When Hot Toys does a standard and deluxe release, the standard always sells out first, I think because it's cheaper. Customers aren't willing to pay more to get more.

These releases are selling for a typical standard release for Hot Toys though right? That is kinda my point is that customers shouldn't have to pay more if they can get a deluxe size release for a standard price as long as the company still profits which appears to be the case here.

These releases are selling for a typical standard release for Hot Toys though right? That is kinda my point is that customers shouldn't have to pay more if they can get a deluxe size release for a standard price as long as the company still profits which appears to be the case here.

The difference is licensing. Had it been licensed, it would be at least 10% more, as that's a standard royalty rate.

Had this been an Arthur Morgan figure from DAM Toys, rather than Wilderness Rider from VTS, you could count on paying at least $260 ... and that puts it more in line with what you see from Hot Toys.

Everything about this figure looks great; but is it me or is the head just a bit too small?

Everything about this figure looks great; but is it me or is the head just a bit too small?

I think the longer hair version looks small, the other one looks ok. In fact, the one with the longer hair doesn’t even look like the same character/person. Longer hair — Sean Bean/Boromir-ish; the other kind of looks like Dominic West.

I think the longer hair version looks small, the other one looks ok. In fact, the one with the longer hair doesn’t even look like the same character/person. Longer hair — Sean Bean/Boromir-ish; the other kind of looks like Dominic West.
It's because it's not meant to be the same character, it's supposed to be a young John Marston head sculpt, you can tell by the scars and the hair.
qpfC8ot.png

But it doesn't come with any of his clothes from either 1899 or 1911 which might confuse people I suppose you can suspend your disbelief and see it as JM wearing AMs clothes since you can do that in the epilogue section.

Hey can I get into that Facebook group?

PM your FB profile link so I can add you, and anybody reading this, please PM about any questions you have in regards to our version, I don't want to cause this thread about a figure by another brand to derail again.

Back