Action Figure VTS TOYS : 1/6 Wilderness Rider (VM-026) from Red Dead Redemption 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL no allegiance to either company, but not a good look spamming the thread of Dam/VTS?s figure with your own. People worked hard to put this one out too, show some respect and put it in your own thread. Poor showing.

I would say maybe the next weeks? :D

No problem, we're looking into the possibility of having future products up on other retailers so people who don't use Facebook have a shot at getting them.

I preordered the limtoys gunslinger last May from KGHobby, am I still on the list to receive the figure of would I need to preorder again?

No you don't need to pre-order again, unless you wanted another one. All previous pre-orders are locked.

It's not just that VTS have made the same figure, but they've apparently gone to war.

VTS seems to be trying to hi-jack the LIM figure by employing promotional imagery that mimics LIM's, either in an attempt to confuse potential customers or to imply that the LIM is cancelled and this is its replacement.

For a company as established as VTS (who also own the DAM Toys brand), you'd think this was an unnecessary tactic. Though I hear it's not the first time they've done this.

Damn, that is dirty. I think limtoys one will be better though. I mean, Limtoys? Detroit Become Human figure already looked much better than the VTS version. So hopefully Limtoys will counter this by producing an overall better figure. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the RK800 figure? Is that still coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I hadn't already ordered the LIM version, and I was picking between them, I'd still go with the LIM at this point, and that's before seeing how things have progressed. The sculpt, especially, is far better to my eye on the LIM version, and for me that's the game right there.

That said, the VTS is a nice set, and I might consider picking one up just for parts, lots of pieces there that I can use in future on other projects and bashes at the very least, and a couple of bits that I slightly prefer to LIM's, or which might make a nice alt, plus a couple of things that aren't in the LIM set (unless they are part of the update) that might be nice to have.

But right now I'm still more than happy I went with LIM overall, as I said it is still what I'd choose (thankfully... :lol), and I am anxiously holding on to my ready cash waiting for their 'surprise' to be unveiled, which unless something goes spectacularly wrong will be an instant pre-order as well. :banana

Wonder if VTS has heard from the lawyers yet. Yo, VTS, Rockstar comin'...! :lol

LOL no allegiance to either company, but not a good look spamming the thread of Dam/VTS?s figure with your own. People worked hard to put this one out too, show some respect and put it in your own thread. Poor showing.

I haven't seen him say anything disrespectful. It's great to have someone like him with connection to the toy industry here on the board. I have PMed him with questions in the past and he responds in a timely fashion and is very helpful, pretty rare from anyone who is involved in making quality 1/6 stuff nowadays.

It's not just that VTS have made the same figure, but they've apparently gone to war.

VTS seems to be trying to hi-jack the LIM figure by employing promotional imagery that mimics LIM's, either in an attempt to confuse potential customers or to imply that the LIM is cancelled and this is its replacement.

For a company as established as VTS (who also own the DAM Toys brand), you'd think this was an unnecessary tactic. Though I hear it's not the first time they've done this.

Ummm, it's a pretty common photo layout. VTS/DAM has been doing this for years. Way before LIM got started.

They have also done the exact same thing to other competitors in the past. Personally I don't much care, there's not a lot of room for the moral high ground in bootlegging to begin with, and I say this as someone who chooses to buy unlicenced pieces when they meet my standards and interests, so I'm certainly not judging, but this is clearly a deliberate choice by VTS, and they definitely do have form for doing this kind of thing.

They have also done the exact same thing to other competitors in the past. Personally I don't much care, there's not a lot of room for the moral high ground in bootlegging to begin with, and I say this as someone who chooses to buy unlicenced pieces when they meet my standards and interests, so I'm certainly not judging, but this is clearly a deliberate choice by VTS, and they definitely do have form for doing this kind of thing.

Yes, I don't think there's any doubt as to the deliberate similarity.

In other news, KGHobby and One Sixth Kit are now taking orders again via email or Facebook PMs for LIM008.

I ended up pre-ordering the Lim Toys one this morning since I think the sculpt is better, and the tailoring looks much better as well. Also never heard of VTS so I have no idea what their final product will be.

Also, I think Lim Toys intends on doing at least one more character from Red Dead 2. Maybe Marston, maybe Dutch. Don't know, but I saw a post from one of their employees in One Sixth Republic last night that apparently they intend on doing more with the line. Kind of cool.

Reading through this thread now and see all of this...Jesus. Now I'm glad I ordered the LIM version and not VTS. That's really screwed up.

I ended up pre-ordering the Lim Toys one this morning since I think the sculpt is better, and the tailoring looks much better as well. Also never heard of VTS so I have no idea what their final product will be.

Also, I think Lim Toys intends on doing at least one more character from Red Dead 2. Maybe Marston, maybe Dutch. Don't know, but I saw a post from one of their employees in One Sixth Republic last night that apparently they intend on doing more with the line. Kind of cool.

VTS is pretty decent. Their revenger was good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm, not for VTS.

They've made very specific reference to LIM in this case with the precise positioning of the figure and accessories, and the similar shape of the image borders.

Yes, for VTS.

134939pknk6qcnkn6vvyzt_1024x1024.jpg
143841m38wws45egxf3ssv_1024x1024.jpg
16_f80c84fb-650e-4b1f-8dab-b5a2cca4ad64_1024x1024.jpg
20_796e41da-81a1-4e12-80d8-ab70bac1737f_1024x1024.jpg
21_a0a69293-9401-4e53-b594-85bd01e09a9a_1024x1024.jpg

Naturally, you can see an evolution in how they've presented their figures and the further you go back, the rougher the presentation, but you can see, they've been using this style for a long time.

That angle of the figure with accessories is used by many, many manufacturers. From what I can tell, it was popularized by Soldier Story, probably a decade ago. Hell, even Sideshow uses it.

I'm challenging your assertion that VTS is doing it this way for nefarious purposes. You're looking two companies executing good visual design and saying one is copying the other.

I wasn't aware until the other day that they had a history of this. I've been buying VTS/Dam figures since their original 'Revenger' and have generally been very happy with their product. Figures like their pressure-suited pilots make for a stunning display.

What history are you speaking of? It sounds like you think they often copy other companies.

I won't go into the details as I think the information was related in confidence. Just that there is more to it than merely the similarity of the promotional images.

Okay, that makes more sense. It seemed like there was a lot more behind your accusations than just similar pictures. I think it's in poor taste of accuse them of malfeasance then not be willing to support your claim.

The fact of the matter is, this style of photo layout is used across the industry. Have you ever considered that BOTH companies are actually copying Hot Toys? And some others are better at emulating that presentation than others?

Rex.jpg
Batgirl.jpg
Pennywise.jpg
HTBatman.jpg
Bayek.jpg
Centurion.jpg
Faramir.jpg
Leonardo.jpg
rugal.jpg
WooToys.jpg
ViceDetective.jpg
TheBride.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying they're not similar, I'm saying that you are ascribing nefarious purposes where there aren't any. You claimed that VTS was doing this to confuse customers, and there is nothing to support that.

I could just as easily argue that VTS feels their offering is superior and fully intended to make them similar so it was easier for customers to draw comparisons between the two.

LIM was the one that caused confusion by pulling promotional materials, and presumably asked retailers to pull the listings for their figure. THAT is what would cause customers to assume it was cancelled. That assumption was already in people's minds before VTS offered this.

It?s interesting to see them side by side. It?s a bit of a toss up. Leaning slightly more towards the Lim version with regards to accuracy? VTS definitely more bang for your buck?

Does anyone know if the Lim version lantern lights up?

There's more to this story, but I'm not sure it's for me to tell.

Then you shouldn't have brought it up.

My mind is open, I asked you to support your accusations, and you're unwilling to do that.

Back