VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Epoch cop yesterday. I really like her, I don't feel it has too many problems. The worst one in my opinion is the Eagle Shoulder pad. It is 2 separate (loose) parts. It should be one big curved one. At least from what I can tell my the movie pics. Other than that, yeah, she may need a haircut, but it still looks ok. And to me the boobs aren't a huge issue. And I'm not going to disfigure the figure to adjust them either. I think the only reason she has them is no one makes small chested female figures. lol

I had to mod mine. The bend in the chest armor was white. Over time it would become worse.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nice wrk man, Dredd still looks amazing. I'm going to have to try the VTS helmet on my Dredd, Yeah the lack of a transparent visor is a bit of a let down.

Damn, I think that helmet does look better on Dredd. It's a shame it's done on the cheap, but will have to pick one up looking at your pictures. By the way, your Anderson is a big improvement, great job on the hair.
:duff..View attachment 329536View attachment 329534View attachment 329535

I just got the Anderson helmet for use on my Dredd figure - it looks great (after I've weathered it) and is a much better match for the movie helmet than the one that comes with Dredd.

Word of warning though, and wish I had known before I put the helmet on Dredd, it took off the headsculpt eyebrows and scraped a layer of plastic off his nose. So best avoided if you don't want to damage your headsculpt. If that doesn't bother you and you are just after a better looking Dredd, then recommend you pick it up.

Now.....need to find a replacement Dredd headsculpt....😭

I just got the Anderson helmet for use on my Dredd figure - it looks great (after I've weathered it) and is a much better match for the movie helmet than the one that comes with Dredd.

Word of warning though, and wish I had known before I put the helmet on Dredd, it took off the headsculpt eyebrows and scraped a layer of plastic off his nose. So best avoided if you don't want to damage your headsculpt. If that doesn't bother you and you are just after a better looking Dredd, then recommend you pick it up.

Now.....need to find a replacement Dredd headsculpt....

Just remove some of the material from the back of the head. I did that back when the AF Dredd came out. I removed the peg on top of the head and some material from the back so the nose would fit inside the mask rather than below the visor.

I really didn't want to damage the figure, like to avoid customising 1/6 as much as possible in case I need to sell on.

The nose should not really be covered by the visor, you can pretty much always see the bottom of his nose in Dredd. The "well, you've got one now" scene is one of the only scenes in the filmx where his visor is lower. The rest of the film and pretty much any still you will find from the movie has his nose showing.

I really didn't want to damage the figure, like to avoid customising 1/6 as much as possible in case I need to sell on.

The nose should not really be covered by the visor, you can pretty much always see the bottom of his nose in Dredd.

I know that. But there are whole sequences in the movie where his helmet is riding waaay higher than that(Which is thew look that AF went for, sadly).
My guess is that it was that crazy big collar would make the helmet ride up, or might cause the helmet to catch during certain movements of his head, causing them to put some padding in the helmet to get it sitting higher.
The cheapest replacement i saw on Ebay is $70.

Yikes. $70 is steep. I assume the headsculpt on version 2 was identical to the original release? I know they included the extra hair but that was remove able wasn't it?

Cheers!

Yikes. $70 is steep. I assume the headsculpt on version 2 was identical to the original release? I know they included the extra hair but that was remove able wasn't it?

Cheers!

Yes, it's identical on the blue version. The hair is a separate piece.

I know that. But there are whole sequences in the movie where his helmet is riding waaay higher than that(Which is thew look that AF went for, sadly).
My guess is that it was that crazy big collar would make the helmet ride up, or might cause the helmet to catch during certain movements of his head, causing them to put some padding in the helmet to get it sitting higher.
The cheapest replacement i saw on Ebay is $70.

But not only is the tip of the nose visible in most of the movie it's also visible in the costume fittings on the art book. It's clearly supposed to be. Another thing is, when the helmet sits lower it gets even closer to the collar. It's already too close compared to screen accuracy. I think modding the head/helmet to sit lower it a mistake (unless you stick to about 1 millimeter). Sorry.
Actually I believe the best 'mod' you can do to the head is pulling the the head further up so that you see more of the neck.
8025f7b66cbf6620a7ffe2e6b484bf6d.jpg
c03ef35daa48a0a49f2a2ca91ef5faf4.jpg
e1244a75438337021436f8ffefd0cde0.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. Couldn't understand why people were cutting down the head at the time. Absolutely fine if you just prefer that aesthetic, but you would only be moving it away from screen accuracy. The Anderson helmet shape is much closer to the movie shape, but it certainly needs a repaint. On an un-modded Dredd head, both helmets sit absolutely perfectly as per the movie.

I just wanted mine to be accurate. Not like the "an inch too high" look that AF gave us when the figure released.

But... that's where we disagree. It's not 'an inch too high' if you want it to be screen accurate. But never mind, as long as you like it better like that it's all good.

I'm absolutely not having a go at anyone, please don't take it that way, it's all about you enjoying your own figure - more power to you!

The figure comes screen accurate though , modification only lessens the accuracy.

The nose should not really be covered by the visor, you can pretty much always see the bottom of his nose in Dredd. The "well, you've got one now" scene is one of the only scenes in the filmx where his visor is lower. The rest of the film and pretty much any still you will find from the movie has his nose showing.

if you mod it right, can ask for better price.

if you mod it right, can ask for better price.

I have no problem modding a figure right, but in this case it's not accurate and I think that will make it harder to sell. With that said, you'll never know until you try selling it, so make it look like you want it to and be happy.

I will post a picture when I've modded the new helmet. The modification that Dredd really screams out for are his hands, not keen on his baggy gloved bendy fingers! ��

All i meant from my earlier posts was my mod made the head look like this:

C27E1B60-EC80-4DCA-8482-D5C928097FE7.jpg

Instead of this:

5FED343D-1BA3-4C86-9274-150DD0A5A496.jpg

I will post a picture when I've modded the new helmet. The modification that Dredd really screams out for are his hands, not keen on his baggy gloved bendy fingers! 😊

Those really are atrocious.
I was having a mess around at work today with a spare necked sculpt and if you can find a suitable necked sculpt, you could perhaps do a decent head replacement till you find a new Dredd headsculpt to replace the one you have damaged.
This is just a spare damaged head i had laying around, not meant to be a baby-faced Dredd, lol.

09F62BF7-436E-4F69-A85C-5933E27D6E69.jpg

F768845D-2642-4521-A100-380DA0069F9A.jpg

425CA2B0-9FEE-4DA9-A962-87A4B3E061E9.jpg

All i meant from my earlier posts was my mod made the head look like this:

C27E1B60-EC80-4DCA-8482-D5C928097FE7.jpg

Instead of this:

5FED343D-1BA3-4C86-9274-150DD0A5A496.jpg

Those really are atrocious.
I was having a mess around at work today with a spare necked sculpt and if you can find a suitable necked sculpt, you could perhaps do a decent head replacement till you find a new Dredd headsculpt to replace the one you have damaged.
This is just a spare damaged head i had laying around, not meant to be a baby-faced Dredd, lol.

09F62BF7-436E-4F69-A85C-5933E27D6E69.jpg

F768845D-2642-4521-A100-380DA0069F9A.jpg

425CA2B0-9FEE-4DA9-A962-87A4B3E061E9.jpg

Ah, ok. Don't know why, but your modded version looks more like my unmodded version.

Yes, my original un-modded Dredd looks exactly like the head on your modded version!

The versions I've seen where the head has been shaved down cover the nose completely.

Back