VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fit on the body of all the gear and the general proportions of the figure look very different in the prototype pictures, as does the hair. I appreciate that the face was never there, my intention was to keep the helmet on. It doesn't work for me like it did in the prototype picture.

:dunno

It's the same design as the prototype, apart from the hair being slightly longer as it was in the film. (Likeness to Thirlby was never there in the first place).

All VTS are guilty of is taking nicely lit photos to promote the figure. What you saw is what you get with the sculpt, body, costume and accessories.

I agree that it's not a bad figure. That said, some very weird choices were made here.
Why not try and make the sculpt actually look like the actor? Like adding some of the most significant parts of her look, like the mole on her lip and the slightly open mouth with the front teeth visible?
Also it's not correct that the longer hair is closer to that of the movie. Her haircut and color isn't only very different it's also much shorter, curly and uneven.
1cc9af9d2bf5cd030ea60f9dae5e57d0.jpg

Also, the body... did they really think they would sell more of this by adding gigantic boobs? And butt for that matter?
The shape and color of the knee pads are also way off though AF showed they were easy to do right.
I understand the cost reduction by using sculpted boots, but why not make them soft? ...though this figure took forever to get produced it still feels like a rush job.
I was hoping to use a few better quality parts from the AF Anderson on this one, but the bodies are very different and the fit is wrong... I might still switch a few things, like the belt.

That side on shot of Olivia is interesting.

I held both figures to the screen side on to gauge the size of the figure from front to back. Those over-sized boobs aren't making her bulkier than she needs to be. She actually looks quite flat, so maybe they went larger to make sure there was some shaping to vest?

Or maybe I just got two good figures?

I haven't had time to do anything but put her together. The hair can be styled/futzed; I can try giving and keeping a curve to the soft knee pads; and also shaping the second vest - but that looks like you can by hand without heat as it's already looking better just by applying pressure.

You might have been lucky yes... the vest on mine was totally deformed by the boobs.

So I put the boobs back and instead removed the implants... makes the vest fit better. hmmm, out of context this reply sounds... wrong.
b4526168b493a0947dded3f1735e6a4b.jpg

Yeah I took the implants out :lol

I will try and take some more pics in different lighting conditions minus flash, flash kills a lot of sculpts. The sculpt looks not so bad in person, maybe a paint app could help. :dunno
Incidentally I thought the box and accessories are all very nice and the clothing is nice, she is a bit unsteady on her feet though, which is a real pet hate of mine.

Nice wrk man, Dredd still looks amazing. I'm going to have to try the VTS helmet on my Dredd, Yeah the lack of a transparent visor is a bit of a let down.

Damn, I think that helmet does look better on Dredd. It's a shame it's done on the cheap, but will have to pick one up looking at your pictures. By the way, your Anderson is a big improvement, great job on the hair.

I just recieved anderson today, it may be the fact my expectations were lowered but i kinda like it in hand. (the knee pads really bug me though)
I think a lot of the problems with the headsculpt is the paint job, or lack of. It needs a soft high light source to cast shadows down the face and cheeks to give it definition as there is next to no airbrush tones on the face, if the light is too bright or straight on it just looks like a doll face. Upping the saturation in pictures helps give it a bit of life.
The hair needs a bit of a trim but was nice and volumey out of the box and the only other thing i need to modify is the lawgiver colour thats gangster two tone at the moment for some reason XD

1.jpgCM170308-17492311.jpgIMG_20170308_140239_114.jpgIMG_20170308_154414_698.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having trouble taking photos of them without the flash, so all photos will be crappy, but I just took this:

32407455053_7b3f6411cc_o.jpg

The vest on the right was the one that was deformed out of the box, and it's still sticking out a bit. From front on it looks neater.

I don't see Olivia at all in the figure, but I'm very happy with her as a version of Anderson. Haven't even had a chance to put her with the Art Dredds and Alvarez yet.

you bought 2 VTS Anderson?

oh forgot you have 2 AF Dredd displayed in different rooms.

Received my Anderson today. Like many, the headsculpt looks better once in hand.

Even so, I was wondering if anyone had considered replacing the head with something else? Have been looking at this one. Okay - it's not a good likeness of Olivia from the movie - but it would make a great 'generic' Anderson from 2000AD. Once the hair is trimmed, I can see it looking quite good?

Spoiler Spoiler:

as long as they aren't in the same room, or in the same room wearing the same outfit i won't give any comment. soldiers & troopers not included.

Spoiler Spoiler:

2 SS X-wing Lukes!?!?! I had to hold my nose to buy one :lol

I just recieved anderson today, it may be the fact my expectations were lowered but i kinda like it in hand. (the knee pads really bug me though)
I think a lot of the problems with the headsculpt is the paint job, or lack of. It needs a soft high light source to cast shadows down the face and cheeks to give it definition as there is next to no airbrush tones on the face, if the light is too bright or straight on it just looks like a doll face. Upping the saturation in pictures helps give it a bit of life.
The hair needs a bit of a trim but was nice and volumey out of the box and the only other thing i need to modify is the lawgiver colour thats gangster two tone at the moment for some reason XD

View attachment 329041

LOVE that first pic. Looks great with her helmet! :clap

I also removed boob. Takes the figure to another level.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back